• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone get a little action on tonight's HA? (7/19)

26 posts in this topic

I was interested in the Black Widow portfolio piece by Paul Gulacy.  Pre-live auction, I figured it would go well over what I was willing to pay.  It didn't go that high but it finished higher than the other portfolio piece that sold in 2020.  That previous piece seemed to have a little fading in the lighter shades.  I'd say the piece from yesterday was much better for the price.

I won a lot, a cheap lot that I got for my tracking bid - yeah I know I shoudl have added to a watch list . Doing a tracking bid was pure stupidity. So much for my zero tolerance buying from Heritage mantra. At least I find it to be a cool multi piece purchase.

I may be mis-remembering but don't HA auctions falling less than 10 days prior to SDCC usually do lower than estimated?

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, MAR1979 said:

I won a lot, a cheap lot that I got for my tracking bid - yeah I know I shoudl have added to a watch list . Do a tracking bid was pure stupidity. So much for my zero tolerance buying from Heritage mantra. At least I find it to be a cool multi piece purchase.

I may be mis-remembering but don't HA auctions falling less than 10 days prior to SDCC usually do lower than estimated?

Not sure about HA, but it looks like it on eBay today.

On 7/20/2023 at 4:22 PM, Will_K said:

I was interested in the Black Widow portfolio piece by Paul Gulacy.  Pre-live auction, I figured it would go well over what I was willing to pay.  It didn't go that high but it finished higher than the other portfolio piece that sold in 2020.  That previous piece seemed to have a little fading in the lighter shades.  I'd say the piece from yesterday was much better for the price.

I was watching that one just out of curiosity - I had no clue how high it would go, it was fun to watch the live bidding.

On 7/20/2023 at 4:26 PM, MAR1979 said:

I won a lot, a cheap lot that I got for my tracking bid - yeah I know I shoudl have added to a watch list . Do a tracking bid was pure stupidity.

If I can get in right away with a tracking bid, I prefer that to watching an item - it seems that I pay more attention to those email notices than the stuff I just watch. Pure psychology, I know - but I prefer the tracking bid.

On 7/20/2023 at 4:22 PM, MAR1979 said:

They look like plugs to me.

Plugs, rugs, real - whatever it is, he’s got more than me, and I applaud him for breaking out an absolute lions mane of a ‘do. lol