• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC Day 1
1 1

32 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2023 at 8:07 PM, batman_fan said:

Pickleball is all the rage where I live

There is nothing like old school bowling, you and 3 friends drinking cheap beers and shooting the breeze without breaking a sweat. What other sport allows you to eat nachos and play at the same time? I get nostalgic every time I watch the bowling scenes in The Big Lebowski...

On 7/24/2023 at 4:26 AM, comix4fun said:
On 7/23/2023 at 11:23 AM, tth2 said:

I just started selling every possession I own in the world to make sure I can win this.

It's a 1982, so you might be able to keep your shoes and a few t-shirts. 

You clearly overestimate how many possessions I own in the world.

On 7/22/2023 at 10:18 PM, grapeape said:

More from Heritage.

IMG_3947.thumb.jpeg.1bdece78d374dc39eef96c4b821537dc.jpegIMG_4019.thumb.jpeg.312865fc2ee1a4556ecf6b41b5cc94ec.jpegIMG_4020.thumb.jpeg.1c268f3012ea27532a8b6ef4d2a4c6c8.jpeg

That Flash Gordon is incredible.   Hopefully someone from the boards, one of the dirty (comic) strippers like Tim , wins it.   Amazing piece.

On 7/24/2023 at 9:09 PM, Bronty said:

That Flash Gordon is incredible.   Hopefully someone from the boards, one of the dirty (comic) strippers like Tim , wins it.   Amazing piece.

It is unbelievable, but it's undoubtedly going to go for well above what I'm willing to spend these days.  

Not sure about being labeled as a "dirty stripper", though! lol

On 7/24/2023 at 10:07 AM, tth2 said:

It is unbelievable, but it's undoubtedly going to go for well above what I'm willing to spend these days.  

Not sure about being labeled as a "dirty stripper", though! lol

Just own it lol:insane: 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, delekkerste said:

The Flash Gordon piece is one of the best things I've ever seen and was all anyone could talk about at the show (and by anyone, I mean me lol). 

It's from 1939, too late for Tim, too late for anyone here, trust me, none of you want this one, wait for the others that are coming down the pike from the same consignor! 

I would love to own it but I fear that the Lucas Museum will crush all challengers...I mean, does panel #3 remind anyone of a certain princess' hairstyle?!!

One of those pieces where the image is just a grand slam.    I am no particular fan of Flash Gordon when it comes to the character/ story, but that image is just dynamite; I'd loooove to own that.

Every panel is a winner.

Edited by Bronty

On 7/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, delekkerste said:

I mean, does panel #3 remind anyone of a certain princess' hairstyle?!!

The figures and the dramatic lighting in that panel are just 10/10 !

Edited by Bronty

On 7/24/2023 at 7:29 AM, aardvark88 said:

SDCC boots vendor of AI 'artwork.'

May be an image of text

Anyone have more info? I don't care for seeing AI anywhere near artists alley. That's only my opinion.

Not sure they should've been kicked out though? Need more info!!!