• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC Day 1
1 1

32 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2023 at 8:23 PM, tth2 said:

I just started selling every possession I own in the world to make sure I can win this.

Beware of P-Nutz lol

it's a terrific strip with context. I totally get your commitment to win it. 

On 7/22/2023 at 10:23 PM, tth2 said:

I just started selling every possession I own in the world to make sure I can win this.

It's a 1982, so you might be able to keep your shoes and a few t-shirts. 

On 7/23/2023 at 5:29 PM, KirbyCollector said:

I miss bowling as a big part of American culture... great place for guys to hang out and blow off steam... no place like that now

Bowling came back pretty big around here in the years before Covid. Probably because everything had been beaten to death. 
The old places in the suburbs got bought and redone really nicely, and in the downtown area a chain opened up a few  "Trendy" bowling alley/bar/restaurant for the 20-somethings. 

Lately it's been high end outdoor golf simulators. Same concept as bowling, with teams, scoring, with electronics keeping track of shots, targets, bonuses etc...with full service liquor and food for each bay. 

On 7/23/2023 at 5:25 PM, comix4fun said:

Bowling came back pretty big around here in the years before Covid. Probably because everything had been beaten to death. 
The old places in the suburbs got bought and redone really nicely, and in the downtown area a chain opened up a few  "Trendy" bowling alley/bar/restaurant for the 20-somethings. 

Lately it's been high end outdoor golf simulators. Same concept as bowling, with teams, scoring, with electronics keeping track of shots, targets, bonuses etc...with full service liquor and food for each bay. 

Pickleball is all the rage where I live