• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New OPG Top 20 Bronze Age books
1 1

32 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2023 at 4:42 PM, seanfingh said:

You guys may think my train has gone around the bend, but I think if a 9.8 Gold Key Scooby-Doo #1 ever shows up it will be a high five, low six figure book.

Depends on when but yeah i could easily see 90k as starting point as long as its a 1/1  Still a very visable, viable, and  bankable major popular IP unlike the aardvark. Scoobs star is probably near as big now as ever.

I wish the Flintstones was at Scoobs level, I'd be sittin' pretty

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/24/2023 at 4:34 PM, kimik said:

It is the toughest one to find in any grade. Issue #4 is another very tough to find in HG 100 pager. @greggy is better able to comment on this as he knows the 100 page giant space much better than I do.

If Only DC Digests had the cachet of DC 100 pagers... Many have the same scarcity in high grade but none of the demand.  

Edited by MAR1979

On 7/24/2023 at 5:04 PM, MAR1979 said:

Depends on when but yeah i could easily see 90k as starting point as long as its a 1/1  Still a very visable, viable, and  bankable major popular IP unlike the aardvark. Scoobs star is probably near as big now as ever.

I wish the Flintstones was at Scoobs level, I'd be sittin' pretty

Well this was prescient.

On 7/24/2023 at 10:38 AM, MAR1979 said:

BTW at one time Little Lulu 1 and the first Stanley issue (i forget the 4 color numbers) had very high rankings on the late 70s and early 1980s Overstreet Silver Charts. Attrition of sadly near all bigtime Lulu collectors has reduced demand down to the point that many under 45 even here are like Little who... Cerebus was never anywhere near as popular as Lulu was at her height. IIRC at one point in 50s it was selling 800k copies a month. I wont even go into Roy Rogers 1 and the western genre which was beyond huge for 2 full decades

brilliant post and words to the wise (worship) 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:16 AM, aardvark88 said:

Just noticed a few typos in Overstreet's top 50 lists for 2023/2024. ASM # 300 actually dropped 24% but no 1 wants to admit that a hot ASM would not go up 24% in the last year.

Well there’s no talk of it here because this is the Bronze thread and ASM 300 is a Copper book, but drops to Bonze books (ASM 101, TOD 10, etc) were mentioned earlier in this thread