• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do the comics in my cgc slab look wrinkled!
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2023 at 10:29 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Modern comics are printed on very thin stock and this is just how they look. The slab hasn't caused it, if that's what you were wondering.

Oh, thank you very much for your enthusiastic reply, your answer made my heart feel better, I decided to ignore these details!

On 7/23/2023 at 12:33 AM, joeypost said:

In some cases the inner well can cause the book to warp, especially if the seal is too close the the edge of the book. 

Ok, your answer was very helpful to me! Oh, by the way, I have another question to ask you, is the texture on my picture appear in every slab comic?

These textures are showing up in another of my flat comics, which is very disturbing to me because my storage environment is very hot, reaching 80F, in a very hot environment!

My concern is that my environment is causing my cgc slab comics to have such textures!

On 7/22/2023 at 10:29 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

Modern comics are printed on very thin stock and this is just how they look. The slab hasn't caused it, if that's what you were wondering.

Oh, by the way, I have another question to ask you, is the texture on my picture appear in every slab comic?

These textures are showing up in another of my flat comics, which is very disturbing to me because my storage environment is very hot, reaching 80F, in a very hot environment!

My concern is that my environment is causing my cgc slab comics to have such textures!