• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Love Story #2
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2023 at 12:35 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

What's happening with the 'stain' on the top of BC which appears to line up with the slight loss of colour above E of Every on the front? Even so, I'm at 8.0

Yeah looks like color loss. I added another non scanned pic for clarity. 

Looking at this book had me down a rabbit hole on this series, starting with MCS who give detailed info on contents of each issue and ending up with Jay Scott Like, who drew stories in the 1950s that ended up being reprinted in Our Love Story. So thanks for posting!

Issue 2 has by far the best cover in the series for my liking, in terms of design and colour.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:59 AM, scburdet said:

Are we sure that's not distributor ink? That was my first impression

On the back of the book it looks like distributor ink. Reddish. I’ve seen similar markings on other #2 books as well.  Maybe I’ll just send it in for grading…?

On 7/24/2023 at 3:42 PM, Mavrick76 said:

Maybe I’ll just send it in for grading

That all depends on your goals here. If it's for your personal collection & you just want it graded, then I see no reason not to take the chance. Using an authorized CGC partner instead of submitting yourself could get another set of eyes on the book in-hand to help make the ID. If it's all distributor ink, it's not a big deal. If it's just some ink loss, a little more grade impact but survivable. A stain on the front cover is a grade killer & IMO you would not recoup your grading investment in a sell price or stored value. There's not enough market data that I can find/access to tell me what the FMV is of this book graded. An 8.0 could be <$100, whereas something in the mid-9s or higher might score a couple of hundred dollars or more. I think a lot of the existing are probably lower grade & there are only about a dozen in the census, so kind of rare, but maybe not a ton of demand either. It all depends on what you want to get out of a grade.