• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STERANKO oddities STERANKO rarities STERANKO - FOOM 1 and 2! ALL ITEMS NOW REDUCED!
1 1

53 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2023 at 3:08 PM, *paull* said:

I have a few scarce Steranko items to list.  Please let me know if you have any questions!

:takeit: takes it.  No probies, listers or hobos

UNSEEN SHADOWS - Jim Steranko (Supergraphics, 1978)

This scarce book details Steranko's multi-year odyssey to illustrate the 27 different painted covers that he created for the Shadow paperback series between 1975 and 1978. Completely written, designed, illustrated and published by Steranko in 1978. This is a seldom seen gem. Unseen Shadows contains 50 pages of pencilled prelims for each cover, some paintings have multiple prelims. Not reprinted in any other volume! A beautiful book for a fan of Steranko's amazing Shadow paintings. Full color covers with b&w interiors.   Includes text by Jim about the Shadow paperback paintings... didn't include photos of the text pages here.

Cardstock cover with tanning on inside of cover (typical of this book due to paper quality). Pages are in excellent condition and are not tanned at all. Only the slightest edge wear. Cover colors are beautiful. VFNM condition. Killer book!

$125 shipped to US address

zimg578.jpg

zimg579.jpg

DSC04003.JPG

DSC04004.JPG

DSC04005.JPG

DSC04006.JPG

DSC04007.JPG

DSC04008.JPG

DSC04009.JPG

DSC04010.JPG

DSC04011.JPG

DSC04012.JPG

\

Can we please see the UNSEEN SHADOWS' spine?  :foryou:  

On 7/25/2023 at 1:06 PM, TupennyConan said:

Can we please see the UNSEEN SHADOWS' spine?  :foryou:  

This is about half the spine (since I had to hold it on edge), but it's representative of the entire spine.  There is wear on the pointed edge of the spine, but no issue with staples and no spine split.

IMG_6962.jpg

On 7/26/2023 at 12:44 PM, *paull* said:

This is about half the spine (since I had to hold it on edge), but it's representative of the entire spine.  There is wear on the pointed edge of the spine, but no issue with staples and no spine split.

IMG_6962.jpg

Take UNSEEN SHADOWS. Thanks! 

On 7/23/2023 at 3:30 PM, *paull* said:

STERANKO NOIR, published in 2002, is still the most comprehensive book on Steranko to date. There are no books with Jim's participation on the horizon. As his fans know, he wants to design his own work, and nothing has been mentioned. We aren't doing to see anything like this anytime soon.

The book was a limited edition of 3,000 copies. A subset of those were signed by Steranko.  This copy is signed.  In VFNM condition with original slipcase.  This book includes a ton of images including some published for the first time:  AT THE EDGE OF ETERNITY from Superman 400 in glorious B&W, the entire CHANDLER: RED TIDE in black & white, portion of Dante's Inferno (story intended for Marvel following his AT THE STROKE OF MIDNIGHT, but never published), his DRACULA concept paintings, and portions of his Outland adaption in black & white. This book is beyond awesome.

All text in both English and Spanish.

$200 shipped to US address

zimg576.jpg

zimg577.jpg

Trying for a second time...  (shrug)

:takeit:

On 7/26/2023 at 2:42 PM, Randall Dowling said:

If @namisgr isn't going to purchase Steranko Noir, I will.  Just don't sell it to that Tupenny fellow, he has a voracious appetite for all things cool.  :sumo:

Screenshot_20230726-154241_Gallery.jpg

On 7/27/2023 at 10:20 PM, mrwoogieman said:

I, too, am a proud past participant in a *paull* Steranko sales thread!

(worship)

(worship) Thank you!  Hopefully I can post something else you dig!  I've been a Steranko fan since around 1989... and I am still super stoked to look at his work.

NEWLY ADDED!

Steranko's FOOM issues from 1973:  FOOM 1, 2 and 3.  All copies that I've had for many years.  Never pressed.

All issues are fully designed by Jim, including layouts and color separations. The designs for these books are incredibly refined. Only Jim could have done them like this. Each issue has fantastic original Steranko illustrations. All editorial text written by Jim.  Unbelievable Spider-Man back cover by Jim. Each is 32 pages in length.  

#1 - FVF condition, no writing, no tears.  None of the puzzles have been written in.  No mailing label.  A little soiled on back cover.  Really nice copy, especially considering the amount of white on front and back.

$125 shipped to US address

NOW $100 shipped to US address

zimg587.jpg

zimg588.jpg

Edited by *paull*

#2 - FVF condition, no tears.  Two small puzzles and 1/3 of the crossword have pencilled writing. Absolutely murderous cover by Steranko, done especially for this issue. This is the issue with what has been called a Wolverine prototype, which was submitted by a fan in the contest page. The actual Wolverine was created less than a year later.  No mailing label.  Super copy!

$410 shipped to US address

NOW $339 shipped to US address

zimg589.jpg

zimg590.jpg

Edited by *paull*