• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 4 starring Tobey Maguire rumors (TBD)
1 1

32 posts in this topic

i would also like another cavill supe movie, as i think he's perfect for the role; the point was that people clamoring for spidey 4 had "forgotten" past movies from raimi that didnt cut muster, and i merely indicated that's a two-way street.

i am/have been in contact with LOTS of serious comic-movie guys--the "most people" like those 2 has not been my experience.

Why would MCU team Maguire and Raimi and run the risk of producing a GOOD movie? They've put in a lot of work in their crusade to punish the geeky fanboys for taking all the good jobs and pretty women ... "Revenge Of The Nerds" was a true story, in case no one noticed. Didn't work on me as I've loved all but two of the MCU/Fox/Sony productions. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

image.png.207a1ae2b23d3b0f28c2b9f82083df04.png

Thomas Haden Church is known for many roles ranging from Lowell Mather on Wings to Stone on Twisted Metal. However, some might know him best as Jack from Alexadner Payne's Sideways or Flint Marko/Sandman from Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3. Church recently had a chat with ComicBook.com about his new film, Accidental Texan, and was asked if he'd rather play Jack or Flint again. While playing Sandman again definitely seems more likely, Church says a Sideways sequel was discussed at one point. 

"You know, Jack, I don't think it's ever gonna happen," Church shared. "There were some conversations about it probably three years ago. There were some conversations about maybe, but it's such a unique thing. You know, I never really spoke to Paul [Giamatti] about it. We exchanged messages. I did talk to Alexander a little bit about it and then the producer Michael London and, of course, Searchlight was chomping to do it, you know, because that's an automatic hit. Especially with Alexander, Paul, and I together again ... They pitched me the story of what they wanted us to do, which was a great idea and there was some talk about it but then it just sort of, I don't know, it just drifted away."

"But Sandman, there's been some rumors that they might ask me to do another Spider-Man, and I'd do it tomorrow," Church continued. "You know, they've never asked me to show up in another movie, another Marvel film," he added when ComicBook.com's Chris Killian suggested Secret Wars as a possible place for Church to pop up. "But, you know, I think Sam is gonna do another Spider-Man with Tobey [Maguire], and that's the one that ... They had an option for me to do Spiderman 4 when there was going to be a Spiderman 4. They had an option on me to come back. So if it happens, that would be fantastic. I'm getting a little old."