• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do scanning delays affect Signature Series Event due dates?

3 posts in this topic

I sent in a book for the upcoming Marv Wolfman signing - submissions due by 8/4 - I mailed the book on 7/14, it shows as delivered on 7/17, but is still not even showing in the 'Confirm Package Delivery' on the My Submissions page, it's now 7/26. 

I know that it may take a few days to show up in the My Submissions page, even after showing as delivered in the Confirm Package Delivery field, is this book at risk of not making the signing cut off date because it hasn't been scanned in the system yet?

On 7/26/2023 at 6:23 PM, dbcn said:

I sent in a book for the upcoming Marv Wolfman signing - submissions due by 8/4 - I mailed the book on 7/14, it shows as delivered on 7/17, but is still not even showing in the 'Confirm Package Delivery' on the My Submissions page, it's now 7/26. 

I know that it may take a few days to show up in the My Submissions page, even after showing as delivered in the Confirm Package Delivery field, is this book at risk of not making the signing cut off date because it hasn't been scanned in the system yet?

First, did you remember to put "MW" on all sides of the box? That is how the mailroom team distinguishes normal packages from the Private Signing packages.

As long as they open your box before the signing date with Wolfman, which likely hasn't even been scheduled yet, you should be fine.

@Chaz G. Yep, followed the instructions to a T. The book is now in the My Submissions section, marked as received on 7/28. I think I'm good for that book.

I guess my real question is: should I book an extra week before the cut off date to allow for the delayed scanning..? (Seems, at least currently, that the answer should be yes...)