• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dave Stevens: Drawn to Perfection - Documentary

4 posts in this topic

WOW our hobby's very own Kelvin Mao directed a very good documentry on Dave Stevens. You feel like you really knew who he was at the end of the doc. It is a bit long, however if you are a comic art fan, but you'll enjoy lingering in the world of Dave Stevens for the whole 99 mins!

I watched it on Amazon Prime not sure where else it is streaming. Here a link to the trailer- link

Great job Kelvin!!!

Edited by gumbydarnit

On 7/27/2023 at 4:51 AM, gumbydarnit said:

WOW our hobby's very own Kelvin Mao directed a very good documentry on Dave Stevens. You feel like you really knew who he was at the end of the doc. It is a bit long, however if you are a comic art fan, but you'll enjoy lingering in the world of Dave Stevens for the whole 99 mins!

I watched it on Amazon Prime not sure where else it is streaming. Here a link to the trailer- link

Great job Kelvin!!!

thank you....great person, great artist

On 9/14/2023 at 8:16 AM, grapeape said:

I watched it. Dave's slow process really got to some publishers, ha ha. You can't argue with his genius though. Sad the way illness slowly took a way the vibrance of a really cool dude. Died way too soon.

I haven't watched it yet, but I can imagine lol 

The guy did a few dozen covers over a 10 year period.  lol He took his time!    As you said though, can't argue results.     His work will stand the test of time.

Edited by Bronty