• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Category = Universal
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I submitted about 15 books and they are finally in the system, all of the books are modern books. Under the category they are marked as Modern which is usual for these books.

I have one book that is marked as a "Universal" category. I have never seen that before for any of my subs and what does that mean?

On 7/27/2023 at 1:01 PM, captainzombie said:

I submitted about 15 books and they are finally in the system, all of the books are modern books. Under the category they are marked as Modern which is usual for these books.

I have one book that is marked as a "Universal" category. I have never seen that before for any of my subs and what does that mean?

universal is what is on a blue label...

Look at any blue label, and you'll see the word universal across the top of it :cheers: 

purple is restored

green is qualified

blue is universal

"why does it say that instead of 'modern?" idk preference? wouldn't think too much of it though :foryou:

I doubt it means anything bad, or I wouldn't thinks so

On 7/27/2023 at 2:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

universal is what is on a blue label...

Look at any blue label, and you'll see the word universal across the top of it :cheers: 

Lol! I know that, been subbing the last 2 years. It’s the first time ever seen that as a Category. Interesting

On 7/27/2023 at 2:36 PM, captainzombie said:

Lol! I know that, been subbing the last 2 years. It’s the first time ever seen that as a Category. Interesting

lol kudos for taking it in stride the, just that, Idk it meaning anything else, or I have never "heard" it meaning anything else, but again, I have experienced this where all say modern and one says universal (thumbsu

I tried to find an example but may have been over 8 months ago, maybe @CGC Mike would know? idk who else to tag with experience, but you've at least waited a minute before tagging lol 

:cheers: 

And maybe I misspoke. I know I've had it at least happen upon grading the category becoming universal while other were moder, not sure if I can check to see it when scanned in. As it might change throughout?

I'd be curious what it ends up at regardless  :cheers:

On 7/27/2023 at 7:16 PM, CGC Mike said:

I'm not sure why it was marked universal.  Customer service could probably tell you.

On 7/27/2023 at 7:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

And maybe I misspoke. I know I've had it at least happen upon grading the category becoming universal while other were moder, not sure if I can check to see it when scanned in. As it might change throughout?

I'd be curious what it ends up at regardless  :cheers:

I'll wait to get this back as that book did get a 9.8 after seeing my grades this morning. Just odd.

The other thing that I have noticed is that all of my other submissions were getting scans the last 2 months with the test trial they were doing, but this one did not. @CGC Mike did the pilot they were doing with the scans end now?

On 7/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Is the comic book a Captain Universe(Universal) issue? :wink:

LOL!

On 7/28/2023 at 9:58 AM, captainzombie said:

The other thing that I have noticed is that all of my other submissions were getting scans the last 2 months with the test trial they were doing, but this one did not. @CGC Mike did the pilot they were doing with the scans end now?

I hope not!