• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What has Disney done with it's Fox Portfolio and is Hulu worth it's estimated price tag?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2023 at 10:47 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I truly don't know if Hulu is worth the 27 billion value I heard floating around and for the life of me I don't know what Disney has done with its Fox purchase. They seem to be sitting on it. Just wondering what others think...

$27 billion is the low end estimate for Hulu.  Rumors are Comcast is pushing for a valuation closer to $75B. When Disney must meet it's contractual obligation to buy them out, they could be on the hook in the $9B to $25B range.  I have no idea how it is worth that much money.

On 7/30/2023 at 9:22 PM, drotto said:

$27 billion is the low end estimate for Hulu.  Rumors are Comcast is pushing for a valuation closer to $75B. When Disney must meet it's contractual obligation to buy them out, they could be on the hook in the $9B to $25B range.  I have no idea how it is worth that much money.

It is no longer really worth that much. This transaction will hurt DIS some more. Maybe the rumours of a sale of DIS to AAPL will finally come true.

On 7/30/2023 at 10:47 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I truly don't know if Hulu is worth the 27 billion value I heard floating around and for the life of me I don't know what Disney has done with its Fox purchase. They seem to be sitting on it. Just wondering what others think...

As was touched on before, seeing as how they have to buy the 1/3rd stake from Comcast I am sure they are sitting on it so that the value is as cheap as possible.  Better to pay $9 Billion than $25 Billion.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:35 AM, media_junkie said:

As was touched on before, seeing as how they have to buy the 1/3rd stake from Comcast I am sure they are sitting on it so that the value is as cheap as possible.  Better to pay $9 Billion than $25 Billion.

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that angle.