• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 35 CGC 9.8 (only one) Auction

65 posts in this topic

ha!

good luck finding an ff 5 in 9.0 for $5k, if any dealers had this book theyd bea sking $7500minium i think

With this being the biggest ticket book in my current collection, man, I hope you're right. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You've got to admit that books with two iconic Marvel characters (or teams of them) doing battle on the cover have special appeal. Interestingly, while most of them command significant premiums over surrounding issues (FF 12, FF 112, JIM 112, Subby 8, X 35, Surfer 14, DD 7, ST 107), others do not (ST 159, ASM 16, FF 39).

What, is "mysticrealist" Doug Schmell?

No.

then why did r1970d say "I told you so" after cryptically mentioning Doug?

I said i toldyou so because i said i would not be surprised if the boo went over $4700... confused-smiley-013.gif

No.

I said i toldyou so because i said i would not be surprised if the boo went over $4700... confused-smiley-013.gif

what's "boo"? do you mean "book"? yay.gif I can make a joke about that because I'm misspelling (or mistyping) all the time.

No.

what's "boo"? do you mean "book"? yay.gif I can make a joke about that because I'm misspelling (or mistyping) all the time.

Get with the times, man. Boo is the new slang for cheddar AKA money. The boo went over $4700 means the price went over $4700.

No.

Get with the times, man. Boo is the new slang for cheddar AKA money. The boo went over $4700 means the price went over $4700.

yeahok.gif

No.

And here I thought he was trying to scare him from bidding. makepoint.gif

No.

Ah, sorry, I was focusing on the wrong part of your previous post.

No.

yeah, you should have focused on the boo makepoint.gif

yeah, you should have focused on the boo makepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif It's all about the boo these days.

yay.gif

quick flip...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

xmen 35

Hard to imagine the book will sell on C-link, given that someone could have bid on it less than two weeks ago, and avoided having to cover the C-link consignment markup.

except for that collector with deep pockets who never ventures forth onto e-bay......

not saying he exists, but it's possible.

and since your logic is certainly reasonable, that's why somebody's gonna buy this for the deep discounted price of around mid 5's.............. blush.gif.

frankly, i personally find it a bit insulting that someone would buy a book in an auction for $4700 and then list it for $8000 a couple of days later. but, to each his own.............. grin.gif