• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A BIT DISSAPPOINTED
1 1

1 post in this topic

Over the past couple of years I've had a blast (along with my wife) travelling to ComicCons, visiting comic bookstores and searching online to acquire CGC graded comic books and comics to send in for grading. I've evolved to collect comics from all publishers and of numerous characters, as I appreciate the diverse storylines, the amazing art and the hunt for that elusive comic. About a year ago I decided to catalog my comic books within the registry, I don't have any concern for points or standing and I wanted my collection to simply reflect the stories and art that I appreciate personally. As the collection grew, I decided I'd pretty it up a bit, so I learned a little coding and brushed up on my PhotoShop skills. As the collection came together online and it's presentation improved, I decided I'd shoot for a registry award in one of two categories: Best Presented Set and Best Custom Set. I took a lot of time to photograph each comic front and back and to add a brief description of each. I catalogued the set by issue date and added my own custom graphics and dialogue. I thought my chances at one of the two categories were good... but I guess not good enough. The much-anticipated award presentations came and went and the Universal Comic Collection received no accolades. :(

I'll keep at it and add new comics and creative features to the set presentation, maybe I'll be in consideration for one of the awards in years to come?

THE UNIVERSAL COMIC COLLECTION - Custom Set (collectors-society.com)

cgc1.jpg