• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KIRBY THOR ART --- GORGEOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 posts in this topic

well, it sat at $2,000 even for a long time due to a bid from a zero-feedback bidder which has been retracted by the seller, and dropped to $1600 once the bid was cancelled. It's sat at $1600 for a while. So I'll guess it'll go back up to around $2000 which is low in my opinion. But nice Thor stuff just doesn't bring the top dollars, even though it's often cleaner than other Kirby pages.

I agree, this is a great example.

But nice Thor stuff just doesn't bring the top dollars, even though it's often cleaner than other Kirby pages.

Personally I think Kirby did some of his best work on Thor, and as you say this is a great example.

But nice Thor stuff just doesn't bring the top dollars, even though it's often cleaner than other Kirby pages.

Personally I think Kirby did some of his best work on Thor, and as you say this is a great example.

Funny you should say that i was just thinking the same thing. Kirby admitted that Thor was his favourite character to draw and you can see it...early JIM's are my favourite art work by kirby....Thor looked so graceful and poised! He looked godlike without the bulk. I may bid on this....

i tried...i thought there'd be a couple of last second snipes...That is one gorgeous piece of work! hail.gif

Do you wish you bid more ? If I had $$$ Id have bid. I think its GORGEOUS !!! Im just broke crazy.gif Wouldnt have surprised me to see it at 4K. Defintely a good deal that would make any owner proud, imho.

i tried...i thought there'd be a couple of last second snipes...That is one gorgeous piece of work! hail.gif

Do you wish you bid more ? If I had $$$ Id have bid. I think its GORGEOUS !!! Im just broke crazy.gif Wouldnt have surprised me to see it at 4K. Defintely a good deal that would make any owner proud, imho.

If i had a little more free $$ i'd have bid a hell of a lot higher...i also think that piece is worth more than $2900...it's so clean and fluid....

Hey Scourge,

Are you KK or just trying to imitate him with all these auction listing threads, random posts in the Water Cooler, posts about the FF 3 art, posts with CAPITALIZED TITLES and bad punctuation? If I were a betting man, and I am, I would wager on the former. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gene

I agree completely -- Kirby's Thor work was some of his best. I had to let some go recently and it was super tough to do so.

I thought Stone inks complemented Kirby's Thor pencils perfectly.

This page went much higher than I expected, and I'm sure that Conrad didn't expect anybody to outbid his $2900 bid. Nice to see there is higher appreciation for these great pages!!

--Steve

Funny you should say that i was just thinking the same thing. Kirby admitted that Thor was his favourite character to draw and you can see it...early JIM's are my favourite art work by kirby....Thor looked so graceful and poised! He looked godlike without the bulk. I may bid on this....

This was an outstanding page $2900.00 was a good price.

For Thor Kirby/Stone lovers here is another nice page from Journey into Mystery #113:

jim113.jpg

Hey Paris fred,

Is that your Kirby page? Very nice all the same.

I personally thought that JIM 106 page was a steal on ebay. It has to be one of the best pages in that book abd Chic Stone is the best Kirby inker second onlt to Sinnott

Clem...