• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signing Events Not Advertised
1 1

3 posts in this topic

How do you go about finding out about ALL of the signing events? I see books on eBay just recently signed by people not listed on the website. Charles Vess, Louise Simonson, for example, signed in June of this year. I know Louise Simonson had/has a signing event advertised with CBCS, but that’s all I’ve seen for her.

On 8/3/2023 at 7:51 AM, Grizzard said:

How do you go about finding out about ALL of the signing events? I see books on eBay just recently signed by people not listed on the website. Charles Vess, Louise Simonson, for example, signed in June of this year. I know Louise Simonson had/has a signing event advertised with CBCS, but that’s all I’ve seen for her.

I know Louise and Walt Simonson do multiple Cons a year. So, a June signing date most likely is just people getting books signed by them at a Con they were attending, or were sent to a CGC Facilitator who was attending that Con, not an official CGC Signature Series Signing. For the most part CGC just advertises and promotes their Signature Series Signings, not Con's Facilitators will be at or private signings by CGC Facilitator's. 

On 8/3/2023 at 9:39 AM, Skippeydoo said:

I know Louise and Walt Simonson do multiple Cons a year. So, a June signing date most likely is just people getting books signed by them at a Con they were attending, or were sent to a CGC Facilitator who was attending that Con, not an official CGC Signature Series Signing. For the most part CGC just advertises and promotes their Signature Series Signings, not Con's Facilitators will be at or private signings by CGC Facilitator's. 

This is exactly correct.  Also, to the OP, it is why you will see all the "Is anyone going to the XYZ Convention next month."  Most serious SS collectors map out opportunities to get multiple signatures at conventions that they want to participate in.