• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: Comic Reader 154
1 1

6 posts in this topic

A while back I posted a copy of this zine for PGM, but decided it was not up to submission standards. I found a better copy that's on its way back from a signature in April and grading. Hoping they got each signatures on the right side of the book. :wishluck: I didn't know the 2 artists would actually come close to me in only a few months or I probably would have done it myself. I did pay for pressing

Edit: here's the post on the lower grade copy: 

ComicReader-154.jpg

ComicReader-154rev.jpg

Edited by scburdet

I thought there was some kind of crease  along the spine on the back....towards the bottom......and across from it on the left side of the back...............................I really don't know what I'm doing ........I really don't understand this.........Did you think this was gonna come back a 9.2 ?

On 8/11/2023 at 10:12 AM, scburdet said:

@grendelbo @Mars76 @1950's war comics tagged youse guys since you graded the other copy of this. This one was a lot nicer. Mainly some corner wear

PXL_20230811_145521393.jpg

PXL_20230811_145536636.jpg

On 8/12/2023 at 12:17 PM, Ahsoka Tano Jedi Apprentice said:

crease  along the spine on the back

I didn't have a firm prediction on this b/c these are low production quality and my guesstimate is that there are fewer than 200 Comic Readers of all issues that have been graded. The "rarer" something is to CGC, the easier they grade it, it seems. Just based on the Black Lightning Comic Reader 138 I had graded, I expected over an 8.0 b/c that's what it came back as. I believe you're eyes are correctly picking up on something that looks like a crease, but is in fact part of the printing. I had a lot of questions about the back cover looking at as many copies as I could to find one worthy of sign & grade. I saw enough that had that pattern near the spine to conclude it's "supposed" to be like that.

Edited by scburdet

On 8/12/2023 at 11:52 AM, scburdet said:

I didn't have a firm prediction on this b/c these are low production quality and my guesstimate is that there are fewer than 200 Comic Readers of all issues that have been graded. The "rarer" something is to CGC, the easier they grade it, it seems. Just based on the Black Lightning Comic Reader 138 I had graded, I expected over an 8.0 b/c that's what it came back as. I believe you're eyes are correctly picking up on something that looks like a crease, but is in fact part of the printing. I had a lot of questions about the back cover looking at as many copies as I could to find one worthy of sign & grade. I saw enough that had that pattern near the spine to conclude it's "supposed" to be like that.

That's great insight ...thanks for your time and explanation.