• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thread Closed -- Thanks to everyone who stopped by!
5 5

55 posts in this topic

One book for now.  We'll leave it up until it sells (or doesn't), then move on to next.  Some will be holdovers from my large thread I recently ran, other books will be new to my selling here.  Here's the rules first:

About me: I have had a very large number of transactions that have gone very smoothly with many long-standing members here, including many, many sales threads -- you can see my kudos HERE   I've done deals with so many people here, I've almost lost count!  If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to send a PM and I'll do my best to answer them for you. 

I'll be happy to answer any PM's, but the :takeit:in the thread is king if we haven't come to a definitive agreement.  If for some reason someone takes it in a PM while someone is taking it in the thread, the time stamp as best as I can figure out will determine who gets the books.  Books must be specifically claimed in the thread or via PM. 

No HOS or Probation List members, please. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone I may have on ignore (not that it's many people, but if I do have you on ignore, it was for a reason. hm).

U.S. and Canadian buyers only at this time for this thread, please.

Shipping:  Shipping for orders under $500 will be by U.S.P.S., packed securely in boxes, via Priority Mail and at cost.  Signature confirmation will be used for orders over $250. USPS Priority Flat Rate will be used when it's cheaper and best suited for the order.  For orders over $500, I may use the option to ship via FedEx with a signature confirmation required.  Sorry, no Media Mail.  Sorry, only U.S and Canadian orders at this time.  Upon payment, I should be able to ship to you within 48 hours of payment (most likely sooner -- that will vary depending on how many buyers these threads end up with).  I always charge exact shipping or LESS (and eat some of the shipping cost on my end) to keep costs down for you, so rest assured, I'll do what's best to make sure you end up with everything safely and as least expensive as possible.  My packing, as reflected in my kudos, will overcome anything a carrier can throw at it..

Payment: PayPal G&S only preferred on this thread, no personal. If wanting to pay by check or money order, I'll do so only if I've done business with you before, but please contact me by PM first.  Payment is expected within 5 days of an invoice unless you check with me before buying.  

Returns: Returns are accepted for any reason so long as you let me know within 5 days of receiving your order.  Buyer pays return shipping, unless I've made a clear mistake, in which case I promise I'll make it right.  I feel my grading is solid, but I'm as human as anyone else and might have made a mistake. In the end, the main thing is that I want anyone purchasing here to be happy when they're done and feel they can buy with confidence.  Hopefully, my lengthy track record will speak for itself (thumbsu

Edited by ChiSoxFan
thread closed

Daredevil #43 -- VF/NM-/NM- -- 9.0/9.2 -- $165 -- SOLD to Cornelius The First VIA PM

Classic cover and battle vs. Cap.  Beautiful colors.  Tiny bend at the top of the front left cover, and slight color-breaking crease at top of front right cover.  Really well-presenting copy.

I had this listed in my previous thread as a straight NM-, but I'm hedging that grade (and lowering the price as a result).  The only major flaw with the book is the color-breaking crease on the top right corner of the front cover.  The book is beautiful otherwise -- it looks fantastic in hand, and the scan may not do it justice.  Graded 9.0's have been going for $50-$100 over this price easily, and you won't find this on the Bay for anything close to this price and condition.  Selling only because I have another copy, and I want this one to find a good home (and to keep my good home, since my wife is not a fan of my owning duplicates of things lol ).

Spoiler

005.jpg

Spoiler

006.jpg

Spoiler

20230730_000802.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold

On 8/9/2023 at 5:08 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Daredevil #43 -- VF/NM-/NM- -- 9.0/9.2 -- $165

Classic cover and battle vs. Cap.  Beautiful colors.  Tiny bend at the top of the front left cover, and slight color-breaking crease at top of front right cover.  Really well-presenting copy.

I had this listed in my previous thread as a straight NM-, but I'm hedging that grade (and lowering the price as a result).  The only major flaw with the book is the color-breaking crease on the top right corner of the front cover.  The book is beautiful otherwise -- it looks fantastic in hand, and the scan may not do it justice.  Graded 9.0's have been going for $50-$100 over this price easily, and you won't find this on the Bay for anything close to this price and condition.  Selling only because I have another copy, and I want this one to find a good home (and to keep my good home, since my wife is not a fan of my owning duplicates of things lol ).

005.jpg

006.jpg

20230730_000802.jpg

Take per pm! 

Hmmm ,,, maybe a book at a time is the way to go ... hm 

Adventure Into Fear #20 -- Morbius stories begin -- VF/NM -- 9.0 -- $85  $70  $60 -- SOLD VIA PM

Really sharp looking copy.

Spoiler

003.jpg

Spoiler

004.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold

So, while the previous books listed were from prior sales threads, this is one I'm digging out of the boxes to keep people on their toes as I lazily move from one book to the next. lol

Crime Suspenstories #9 -- VG/F -- 5.0 -- $320  $300  $285  $265 -- SOLD to Incredible Pulp

Good old Johnny Craig EC goodness.  I've had this book for a long time -- I picked it up from someone here on the boards an eternity ago, and it's one of the few EC books I own.  There's a dust shadow on the back upper cover, as well as a date stamp and the letter "L" written in pencil on the upper back cover.  There's a circular stain on the front cover in the "E" of the title that can be seen from the interior of the front cover, but it does not go through to the first page. There's another stain in the "OR" of "Stories" that can be seen from the inside of the front, bit again, does not go through to the first page.  Wear is consistent for the grade, and the colors are strong and it presents nicely.

Worth mentioning is something on the spine that almost looks like staple indentations, about an inch above where the bottom staple is, but I don't *think* that's what it is.  I've taken closer pictures with my phone of the front cover and the inside of the front cover, around where the marks are.  It's not located where the bottom staple presumably would go -- IMO, it's too high to be where that staple would be. The area on the spine that it's at also doesn't match the staple size -- the staples are over 1 cm, while the size of this marking is less than 1 cm (they're several cm different in length) so it's much smaller.  I know I bought the book unrestored (I've only bought one book here that was listed as restored, and it was a CGC book), and while I don't remember who it was from -- just that it was a LONG time ago -- I normally only purchase raw books from people who I believe know what they're doing. 

In any case, if someone purchases the book, believes it to have something done regarding staples, or isn't comfortable with the purchase in general, a full refund will obviously be issued.  My price is pretty firm on this one -- like I said, I don't have many of these EC books, so I'm not rushing to move this one.  My asking price may be way off, since I don't normally deal in this realm, but I'm working with what I can find for reference.  eBay raw solds are all over the place (excluding the two major keys from the run), and most major dealers don't have issues in stock.  GPA -- and I know this isn't graded -- is also all over the place, with a 5.5 going for $343 in July, while a 4.5 went for $343 in April.  

Enough talk -- more pictures! :preach:

Spoiler

Spoiler

001.jpg

Spoiler

002.thumb.jpg.0875a4217de15a879c624dc18e85ef5a.jpg

Spoiler

002.jpg

Spoiler

20230811_230122.jpg

Spoiler

20230811_230159.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book sold

On 8/9/2023 at 10:30 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Hmmm ,,, maybe a book at a time is the way to go ... hm 

Adventure Into Fear #20 -- Morbius stories begin -- VF/NM -- 9.0 -- $85  $70  $60 -- SOLD VIA PM

Really sharp looking copy.

Reveal hidden contents

003.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

004.jpg

You must have missed my TOS 66 to 40 all CGC slabs sales thread. 1 at a time....backwards. It was a HUGE hit lol. So you're welcome lol 

On 8/12/2023 at 8:23 AM, KryptoSpidey said:

You must have missed my TOS 66 to 40 all CGC slabs sales thread. 1 at a time....backwards. It was a HUGE hit lol. So you're welcome lol 

I did see that thread -- it was good inspiration!  lol  Thank you for the idea! :foryou:

I almost bought from that thread too, but people were getting in on stuff before I could claim anything. :cry:

Marvel Preview Magazine Starlord Lot -- #11 -- F/VF/7.0, 6.0, #14 -- F/6.0, #15 -- VF/8.0 -- $60  $50 $45 -- BACK TO THE BOXES/NO LONGER FOR SALE

The #11 has some wear on the bottom right front cover and spine ticks, the #14 has a tear/blunted corner on the front upper right and what appears to be stacking dirt on the back cover, and the #15 is the nicest of the three, really sharp except for a microscopic color-breaking crease in the upper right front corner and more noticeable, but small, color-breaking crease in the lower right front corner.  Still all pretty decent copies of the magazine format that Marvel had at the time that was pretty unique in their history.

Spoiler

001.jpg

Spoiler

002.jpg

Spoiler

003.jpg

Spoiler

004.jpg

Spoiler

005.jpg

Spoiler

006.jpg

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Book no longer for sale

On 8/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, Kramerica said:

The Jim Starlin cover on #14 is worth the price of admission alone. So Starlin. Just like Bakshi, Barr and Ploog and Brunner.....so $50's and so glorious. This is great reading. It's fun, trippy and y'all are fools if you pass it up.

Agreed!  Let's make it easier for people then ...

Price on the lot reduced to $50!