• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winning Time is back ! HBO MAX MAGIC JOHNSON
2 2

29 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2023 at 4:02 AM, Microchip said:

The 'hero's journey'.   Struggle, failure, redemption, determination, thats part of what makes for a satisfying story.    

Not all this handed-to-you-on-a-plate Disney storylines we keep seeing bombing at the box office.

Definitely They win 1980 in a surprise, then lost to Houston in 1981 as the team chemistry falls apart. They replace Westhead with Riley in-season an win again in 1982. Then they make the finals and lose to PHI (1983) an BOS (1984) before finally redeeming themselves by beating BOS in 1985 (going 2 for 4 in 4 straight finals appearances). It is crazy that with their Showtime style of play they went to 9 of the 12 NBA finals between the 1980 win and the last final in 1991, winning 5 and losing 4. Age and the Pistons' bully ball started the dismantling of the Showtime era, and then a younger up-tempo team, the Bulls, ended it.

Edited by kimik

On 8/28/2023 at 7:43 AM, The humble Watcher lurking said:
On 8/21/2023 at 12:30 AM, kimik said:

It was a fantastic episode.

The next one should be bye bye Paul.

I guess we get Paul for one more episode. I never realized how much Paul gave Magic grief. 

And how big Westhead's ego became. 

It was fun to see Magic pull the first star player vs coach power move and then next episode we see him win it.

Robert Kirkman of The Walking Dead reacts

ddgGThOR_bigger.jpg

WINNING TIME was the best show on TV this year. By far. Not even close. Hardest cancellation in recent years. Throwing tomatoes in ‘s direction.

·
Views

Y9_niF11_bigger.jpg

I can't remember the last time a show THIS good got canceled. Netflix viewers are used to their B Minus- shows suddenly vanishing but #WinningTime had an insane cast, kinetic direction, and the most stylish editing in the game. I don't even like sports and I LOVED this show.