• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM House of M #1 Joe Quesada
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Ok so a while back I purchased this book on eBay. I didn’t until it was much too late to return it that it was in pretty bad shape for a 9.8, and imo should not have received a 9.8 at ALL. Personally, I don’t think any of the defects are from damage within the case, but it was graded all the way back in 2006, so I could be wrong. I can’t even sell it though, as twice everyone has sent it back and argued it “wasn’t what they purchased”, even though I warned of the quality. So this is what I want to know. Do you guys think that the grading of this book is a result of how long ago it was graded? Or possible case damage? Or just a fluke insufficiently_thoughtful_person grader? Or do you think it could actually get a 9.8 based on the comic? What would be your estimated grade if it were to be regraded? And if I sent it in for a re holder would it almost certainly be regraded and get a lower one? I would think so, but some say if it’s not case damage they wouldn’t. One more thing, the center pages are almost coming out of the book. Would a press somehow help that, to push the book over the staple more or something? Idk, anyway give me your thoughts and lmk if I need to technically post this somewhere else. 

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3836.jpeg

IMG_3837.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3840.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpeg

IMG_3842.jpeg

IMG_3843.jpeg

IMG_3844.jpeg

Edited by SlipperyDILF
Added question

It is hard to see any defects, especially smaller ones through the case.

Anybody answering your question would only be speculating on the cause/condition since it was 17 years ago.

If you are looking to sell this book without issue, submit it and have it regraded or sell it as is through consignment on MCS.