• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X2 Review

29 posts in this topic

>>Now where is JC to throw down some negativity on the review?!?!?!?!?

Hey, I've got high hopes for X2, but that said, seeing all the fanboy reviewers slobbering over that horrible DD movie, I will NEVER, EVER trust a comic book site to fairly review a comic book movie.

They may be right on the nose, but after DD, I'll wait for the unbiased, professional news sources to review it.

Yeah I know, but it's better than asking a Comic Book Site (full of slavering fanboys) what they thought of a Comic Book Movie.

They were probably angry that Dolph Lundgren didn't get an Oscar nod for his stirring performance as Frank Castle. shocked.gif

For the record, regarding DD...I was definitely disappointed in how they handled the Kingpin (not enough screen time) and I hated the first big action sequence (in the bar) - couldn't follow any of it and it showed that Johnson was directing his first big action movie. Having said that, I love the fact that Daredevil even made it onto the big screen and wasn't a low budget "Captain America/Punisher/Fantastic Four" direct to video debacle. There were lots of moments that made me smile. AND, I'd pay $9 to see Jennifer Garner as Elektra taking a [!@#%^&^] on the toilet for 2 hours smile.gif

I realize that, but when writing a review that may convince others to spend their hard-earned cash, you have a duty to be objective and toss your fanboy hat in the corner.

Otherwise why even see the movie and write a review? Doing it blind would serve the same purpose if "any super-hero movie is good".

"Daredevil had the best visuals and special FX I've ever seen in a movie" - Matt Murdock.

LMFAO!!!! Classic. Sorry fellas, but I gotta agree w/ JC on this one. Of course it will receive favorable reviews from a site run by fanboys!

Don't get me wrong, I want to see X2, as the first one was pleasantly surprising to me (I had fairly low expectations), but I'll still wait for the "real" reviews and then decide if I will rent it or not.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical, but I don't have too much faith in Hollywood to turn out a really good product. I hope I'm wrong.

Chris

well I think with the first movie they were just laying mostly groundwork on all the characters in addition to a minor plot...........but now with some background it opens up a lot towards a more intigueing storyline basically we know what they can do, now let them show off their skills........a little off topic.........unlike comics where for some apparent reason they recap a characters origin in the begining of almost every issue.........

unlike comics where for some apparent reason they recap a characters origin in the begining of almost every issue.........

Way off subject, but what Titan said reminded me of my thoughts while I was reading Miller's run in DD. One of the best runs ever, but the "origin every issue" got kind of irritating.....

Back to regularly scheduled posting.....

Chris