• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic runs.
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I never read run in order, i read each issues that i want, my only rules is to not cut into a storyline, like for exemple your not going to start Knighftall in the middle of the story... 

And there is many website to be sure of which book is which part of a storyrine. 

Its really funny like this for me, the only problem is that you can miss some reference to the continuity but that not affect your understanding of the story so its ok for me.

So i have nothing idea of the time to finish a run lol

Edited by BA773

I have larger completed runs of ASM (2-200), Avengers (2-130), Daredevil (1-132), Fantastic Four (2-200), IH (2-6, 102-200), JIM (34-125), Sad Sack Comics (1-124), ST (43-134),TOS (1-38, 40-99), TTA (1-101), Thor (126 - 260), Two Gun Kid (1-60) X-Men (2-66).

The journey started in 1979 and was completed as the collection is now in about 2009.(prices got too high for the books I needed/wanted)

I have no intention of selling, I collect for the nostalgia from my youth in the 60's, even though I prefer Early Silver Age (Pre 1966, more simplistic art and stories, no blood and gore or serious drama). I am also a completest and that is why I have 2000 books and completed runs.

Everyone has different reasons why they collect what they do and how they do it, the question then becomes...Are you interested in collecting because you enjoy the characters/stories/art and want the entire story of the character(s) from start to finish or are you obtaining books to read once and sell, only you can decide how you will collect.

"Comic book collecting is a hobby that treats comic books and related items as collectibles or artwork to be sought after and preserved, Comics are collected for several possible reasons, including appreciation, nostalgia, financial profit, and completion of the collection."

I’m focussing on a run of ASM 1-375 of which I’ve 292 issues completed, I’m 78% done and that’s took me just under 2.5 years, although I still had a few issues from when I was a kid. 
As it stands I’ve 61 issues of the first 100 but none below issue 17, so thats where the time is going to take I imagine as my pockets aren’t that deep ! 
I’m 1 issue short (195) of completing 150-375 which hasn’t been too bad. 

as much as I’m desperate to complete, I keep telling myself it’s a marathon not a sprint ! If I was a gambling man I’d bet I probs won’t complete due to money reasons but you never know. I’m having s lot of fun trying !!