• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR.X's Cheap, Trashy, one day Fan Expo report. Before, during, and after.
3 3

53 posts in this topic

The day went by so fast. Wish I had more time to talk to people. 

We knew that on Sunday, I was going to take the kids to the massive Albanese Candy Factory in Merrillville.

But before we hit the road, I did  pick up one item for myself. Just one. :whatthe:

Sunday we headed to the candy factory to finish off the weekend. This place is enormous. Looks like an Amazon warehouse. They have tours running all day. Retro candy, you name it.

Some day I'll stop in and go through this place.

20230813_103057.jpg

20230813_103141.jpg

Edited by DR.X

On 8/14/2023 at 10:10 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Great report as always, Doc.  Appreciate the family nature of the trip.

Thank you. I had wanted to go to this show last year, but never made it. I took Regina, and her two grandaughters as they had never been to a con. This show sure did change from the last time I was there.

No Bedrock City, Metropolis, New Force Comics, but I still had a good time, just not enough time to sift through anything in one day.

I just wanted to make sure those girls had a great time and they did. They wore me out but it was a blast.