• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC celebrity appearance process
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Never spent much time near the celeb signing area, but with Sarandon and Curry at NYCC, thinking of getting my dad his first slab.

I don’t recall ever seeing CGC over in that area when walking by, and I have no idea idf celebs allow it. Do you have to use a facilitator for celeb sigs?

sorry if this is answered elsewhere, didn’t see it anywhere.

thanks

On 8/16/2023 at 11:51 PM, Lifesuggs said:

Never spent much time near the celeb signing area, but with Sarandon and Curry at NYCC, thinking of getting my dad his first slab.

I don’t recall ever seeing CGC over in that area when walking by, and I have no idea idf celebs allow it. Do you have to use a facilitator for celeb sigs?

sorry if this is answered elsewhere, didn’t see it anywhere.

thanks

Yes, you have to have a CGC witness for all signatures to get the gold label. NYCC is a popular event so there will be a lot of facilitators there. Also in past events, Tim Curry doesn't sign anything at the event. You give the people working his table your item and Curry will sign it later. They then will mail it to you about a month later. You will have to discuss your options with the facilitator about how to handle that.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:33 AM, SLABBED SS ADDICT said:

Yes, you have to have a CGC witness for all signatures to get the gold label. NYCC is a popular event so there will be a lot of facilitators there. Also in past events, Tim Curry doesn't sign anything at the event. You give the people working his table your item and Curry will sign it later. They then will mail it to you about a month later. You will have to discuss your options with the facilitator about how to handle that.

Appreciate the info. Was more curious if CGC specifically hangs out in the celeb area at all, usually it’s a decent trek from artist alley to the celeb area so wasn’t sure if there was a main facilitator for the area or something. Kind of like how they have the signature authenticators. Never messed with the celeb sigs and imagine a bulk of it is non comic book and may not be the best use of their time. I always prefer to go through CGC and my account. Sounds like with Curry it’d be a whole other thing anyway.

Just email cgc ahead of time and try to work out as much of the details ahead of time as possible.

On 8/18/2023 at 10:16 PM, revat said:

Just email cgc ahead of time and try to work out as much of the details ahead of time as possible.

Yeah I scheduled for Friday figuring I could talk to them Thursday while I get some stuff done at artist alley

thanks for the replies