• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex lost my Heritage shipments
4 4

54 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2023 at 12:30 PM, AJD said:
On 8/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, thehumantorch said:

I received a package from Heritage 2 weeks ago.  $185 usd to ship a 15 lb box - 1 slab and 32 raw books.  I don't believe I will bid there again.

I wish my last box from Heritage had only been US$185. I'm out for good.:sorry:

One of the realities of living overseas is that I had to stop buying small dollar comics.  It simply wasn't economical with the much higher shipping rates.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:38 PM, tth2 said:

One of the realities of living overseas is that I had to stop buying small dollar comics.  It simply wasn't economical with the much higher shipping rates.

The $75 usd I've paid up until recently wasn't too bad as it might be $2 per book but this last shipping charge has made me reevaluate what I buy and where I buy it.

On 8/20/2023 at 2:47 AM, thehumantorch said:

I received a package from Heritage 2 weeks ago.  $185 usd to ship a 15 lb box - 1 slab and 32 raw books.  I don't believe I will bid there again.

You should look into a Fedex account.

Since I posted my email exchange with Scott I thought I should also give a shout out to Heritage as well. 

@Badger 

Heritage just called me believing it was my order that was lost in the mail, probably since I tagged the account in one of my posts to them.   I directed them to you by naming the books that you posted and they should be in touch shortly.  I hope it works out for you, but kudos to @HeritageComics for reaching out.  

Respect and thanks Scott. 

On 8/25/2023 at 11:13 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Sorry for your loss.  This is why EVERYONE should have a doorbell camera.  I once had a UPS driver put a package down not even ring the bell, sign for it WITH MY NAME, and then pick the package up and leave.  When I contacted UPS they said "Well you signed for it, nothing we can do" I go... that's fine, do you enjoy being party to theft?  Because I'm going to hang up the phone, go to my local PD with the video of your employee stealing my package and give them that along with your name and number so that you are charged with conspiracy to commit grand larceny.  SHOCKINGLY, a manager picked right up and my package was miraculously "found" and couriered over to me that same day....

It’s a pain in the , but for a Big book I wait next to the mailbox.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:13 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Sorry for your loss.  This is why EVERYONE should have a doorbell camera.  I once had a UPS driver put a package down not even ring the bell, sign for it WITH MY NAME, and then pick the package up and leave.  When I contacted UPS they said "Well you signed for it, nothing we can do" I go... that's fine, do you enjoy being party to theft?  Because I'm going to hang up the phone, go to my local PD with the video of your employee stealing my package and give them that along with your name and number so that you are charged with conspiracy to commit grand larceny.  SHOCKINGLY, a manager picked right up and my package was miraculously "found" and couriered over to me that same day....

Wow, I am glad it worked out for you. My package was, at best, not delivered to the correct address and is now sitting in the backroom of some store in a strip mall, unopened and forgotten. At worst it was just straight up stolen. Doorbell camera would not have helped in this case.

Anyhoo, Heritage just refunded my money so I'm out the comics but not out any moola. I would rather have the comics though. :( 

On 8/25/2023 at 9:52 AM, Buzzetta said:

Since I posted my email exchange with Scott I thought I should also give a shout out to Heritage as well. 

@Badger 

Heritage just called me believing it was my order that was lost in the mail, probably since I tagged the account in one of my posts to them.   I directed them to you by naming the books that you posted and they should be in touch shortly.  I hope it works out for you, but kudos to @HeritageComics for reaching out.  

Respect and thanks Scott. 

Thanks Man!

On 8/25/2023 at 4:01 PM, Badger said:

Wow, I am glad it worked out for you. My package was, at best, not delivered to the correct address and is now sitting in the backroom of some store in a strip mall, unopened and forgotten. At worst it was just straight up stolen. Doorbell camera would not have helped in this case.

Anyhoo, Heritage just refunded my money so I'm out the comics but not out any moola. I would rather have the comics though. :( 

I'm glad Heritage made you whole, but man I hate that someone messed with your books :(

Back when I was actively collecting I had a large PO Box. Even though our rural neighborhood had a security mailbox, it had leaky seals on the doors and often my mail would get wet and sometimes put into a neighbors box. At the time all our neighbors were old but honest and on a couple of occasions brought purchases of expensive books to my door when they were misdelivered. Eventually the older neighbors died off and the scum moved in so I decided to get a PO Box. That worked well since I had been picking a lot of books up at the PO that had to be signed for anyway. 

When I was completing a Top Notch run the last book I needed, a TN Laugh 39 went missing and never arrived. It took me a while to finally find one.

On 8/25/2023 at 2:01 PM, Badger said:

Great but it would be nice if they could find the books.  You owned them for a reason.

Edited by thehumantorch