• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Absolute Crisis

32 posts in this topic

I did get mine, though I haven't cracked it yet.

Got mine at 30% off at the LCS. If Absolute Authority vol. 1 is any indication, this book should have some value staying power.

Problem is, Crisis has been reprinted so many times... but the extras appear to be cool. Try to get to review tomorrow now.

I'd love to have it so I could read all the crossovers and the regular issues all in one place, but a hundred bucks? meh. Sixty bucks? Eh...meh.

foreheadslap.gif No crossovers. The 12 original issues, plus the indexes to the crossovers and a lot of other editorial material.

web page

I'd love to have it so I could read all the crossovers and the regular issues all in one place, but a hundred bucks? meh. Sixty bucks? Eh...meh.

foreheadslap.gif No crossovers. The 12 original issues, plus the indexes to the crossovers and a lot of other editorial material.

web page

That stinks. If it's really just the original 12 issues for $100, I guess I should be happy I got all 12 issues for less than $40.

If it's really just the original 12 issues for $100,

I guess you didn't click on the link?

The 96-page Book Two contains a compendium featuring the full behind-the-scenes story on the years-long making of the maxiseries complete with memos, notes, original plots and commentary from Marv Wolfman and Jerry Ordway; the Official Index to Crisis and Official Index to Crisis Crossovers being reprinted for the very first time, completely updated; a look into post-Crisis events and aftermath stories, how the Superboy/Legion conundrum was solved, and a look at the 20th anniversary of this seminal event.

I found the Crisis hardcover to be basically the same as the last Crisis hardcover, just bigger.

But I am enjoying the companion book, the Crisis Compendium immensely. I read the definitions for the various earths on my way in to work this morning. Looks like nearly every existing Elseworlds story has been assigned a numeric or letter designation. Does that mean that all Elseworlds stories published post-Crisis now take place in the pre-Crisis multiverse? Or does it mean that the Multiverse is returning in Infinite Crisis?

Agreed Kevin. Although I will say this, I prefer the new color format instead of the glossier stock, plus I prefer the larger art for the Perez work. If you have the first HC, don't plunk down yet another $100.

In fact, if somebody wants the original Crisis Hardcover that I had signed by George Perez, they're more than welcome to make me an offer. Think reasonable, but you'll get a deal.

Hey James -

You can have it for half cover. That's $50. It may (or may not) be worth more (the oh so accurate wizard lists it at $125 or $150).

But, you'd have to pay shipping as well...

up to you, signed by Perez (I watched him sign it), and great volume. I have no need for it...

I know a few friends of mine were quite upset that DC was doing yet another hardcover version of Crisis, but it doesn't really bother me. I have the original slipcase hardcover amd I've had it signed by Perez, Wolfman and Giordano. I also recall the story of the "recall" for that slipcase, as there was originally a problem with the reproduction of the artwork from issue #9 that required retailers to ship the books back to DC for correction, which I did. Just a bit of history.

However I do prefer the larger format artwork of the Absolute editions, so Ill end up keeping both versions and reading the Absolute Edition if I want or need a refresher.

Now I can start anew with getting it signed. If I ever get a chance to see Jerry Ordway I'll get him to sign both versions. Part of the fun for me at cons is getting as many people as possible to sign my hardcovers. Gives me something to do at cons other than work.