• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART TWO: THE SCARGIVER direct by Zack Snyder (4/19/24)

61 posts in this topic

Get ready to return to Veldt. Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon — Part One: A Child of Fire hit Netflix in December, but have no fear, rebels: Part Two is following close behind. 

In the sequel to Snyder’s space-bound epic, Kora (Sofia Boutella) and her revolutionary recruits face an enemy they thought they’d defeated: Admiral Atticus Noble (Ed Skrein) and the Imperium legion he commands from the bridge of his flagship dreadnought, The King’s Gaze. It will take all of their combined skills to free the villagers of Veldt from the grip of Motherworld — and to free themselves from their own tragic pasts.

The first Rebel Moon stands alone, but Snyder was glad to have the opportunity to use the two halves of the epic for very different purposes. “My hopes are that because we were able to do two films, that we’re able to really invest in the characters for the first film so that the audience gets to really understand why they’re fighting for the villagers of Veldt,” he told Netflix. In Part Two, it’s time for that fight to begin. Read on to learn more about the battle for the future of the Rebel Moon universe.

What is Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver about?
Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver continues the epic saga of Kora and the surviving warriors as they prepare to sacrifice everything, fighting alongside the brave people of Veldt, to defend a once peaceful village, a newfound homeland for those who have lost their own in the fight against the Motherworld. On the eve of their battle, the warriors must face the truths of their own pasts, each revealing why they fight. As the full force of the Realm bears down on the burgeoning rebellion, unbreakable bonds are forged, heroes emerge, and legends are made.

What is Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver about?
Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver continues the epic saga of Kora and the surviving warriors as they prepare to sacrifice everything, fighting alongside the brave people of Veldt, to defend a once peaceful village, a newfound homeland for those who have lost their own in the fight against the Motherworld. On the eve of their battle, the warriors must face the truths of their own pasts, each revealing why they fight. As the full force of the Realm bears down on the burgeoning rebellion, unbreakable bonds are forged, heroes emerge, and legends are made.

When will Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver hit Netflix?
You won’t have to wait too long. Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver starts streaming on Netflix on April 19, 2024. The Imperium will never forget this day.

I also spoke with several of Snyder’s Rebel Moon cast of actors, all of them having nothing but praise for their cinematic leader.

Michiel Huisman, who plays Gunnar in Rebel Moon, said of Snyder’s original story and vision, “It was inspiring. It felt very free because we obviously didn’t have the baggage of existing IP that we had to sort of be mindful of. It felt like we were starting a new world - and of course, that world is Zack’s and it was exciting to walk through his mind, basically.”

As for Rebel Moon - Part Two, which arrives rather soon on Netflix in April 2024, Snyder said of its current post-production status, “It’s almost done. We filmed it all together - essentially, it’s done. It’s just visual effects

.”

With only two parts of Rebel Moon currently slated for release, I wondered if Snyder looks to dive even further into his new cinematic universe in the future. He responded, “I mean, if there was a need for it to go beyond Part 2, which I would love, we have a giant arching story to tell that we have designed into this whole world. It would be fun to make some more Rebel Moon movies - I would be into it.”

We'll see how Part 2 lands.

Rebel Moon – Part Two: The Scargiver is coming up faster than we might have expected. It feels like just yesterday; we were all breathlessly talking about the first movie until about the end of the month before all conversations more or less dropped off, and we all forgot about this film as the new year rolled in. It's time for those same conversations to restart as Part Two is set to come out. The first film was not exactly well received and didn't exactly light the Netflix charts on fire. We have spoken about the idea of building on a broken foundation, and saying that The Scargiver will have to work twice as hard to be good is an understatement. However, director Zack Snyder has pulled bonkers films that work out even though they really shouldn't out his before, and Part Two of this film might be right up his alley when it comes to harking back to one of said bonkers films. Empire recently spoke to Snyder, and he called The Scargiver a "war film," a genre in which Snyder has been successful before. What 300 lacked was a lot of emotional connection to the situation and characters, which is something that Snyder says The Scargiver does have.

"It's a war film, 100 percent," Snyder said. "It's got way more action than the first movie, very intense and crazy action. … It's absolutely an emotional rollercoaster you're going to be on with these cats. We discover the backstories of our heroes, and there is an interesting correlation between what's happened to most of them to make this battle cathartic and symbolic."

On 3/17/2024 at 4:02 PM, paperheart said:

this one is likely to do Avengers:Endgame numbers #usingZackmath

Oh man. That is too funny.

@CGC Mike I know you are busy but can you help connect these two individuals that seem to have issues with Zack Snyder and travel from thread to thread to detract from this director? I'd go to the last page of this thread - an appreciation thread.

image.thumb.png.5dd1604b9c18a3201b1d3f0511a126dc.png

I recognize this is healthy chat practices in the Bizarro World CGC Forum. But it would appear traveling from thread to thread just to detract from a creator is somewhat troll-like. But maybe it isn't.

Well I thought the first one was kind of "meh", however since this is on Netflix and I am already "paying for it", I'll watch it.  Had I seen the first one in a theater and this was a theatrical release there is no way I'd see it (until it hit streaming).