• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's REBEL MOON PART TWO: THE SCARGIVER direct by Zack Snyder (4/19/24)

61 posts in this topic

The Rotten Tomatoes audience reviews are interesting. And the variance quite wide between individuals.

Screenshot_20240420-0606292.thumb.png.dde7250d019483ba85dfb4f7aeb843da.png

So someone realized within 5 minutes of watching the second film it was unwatchable. So 1:5 stars - naturally this must be factual. And they HATED it.

:nyah:

On 4/20/2024 at 6:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

So someone realized within 5 minutes of watching the second film it was unwatchable. So 1:5 stars - naturally this must be factual. And they HATED it.

:nyah:

Yeah I mean I even gave Thor: Love and Blunder 10 mins before I turned it off.

I mean, he could go back to directing movies that didn't suck donkey toes (i.e., stuff like Watchmen or 300).

I see Rotten Tomatoes has updated his bio: 

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 4.45.30 PM.png

Edited by Gatsby77

Finished it last night. And I had a good time.

It picks up right after the events Child of Fire. And uses the first half as a deeper dive into the main characters. But once it gets going with the action, that second half is non-stop battling to the end.

The visuals and soundtrack complemented the story throughout. And the stakes are relevant, as close to anyone could be taken out during battle.

If folks dislike or even hate it, that's a personal preference. It was good for me. But sport-hating a director's work is a troubling mindset. Those falling back on that outlook have their own personal problems to deal with.

Hope it gets a Chapter 3 since it ends with a lead-in to the next stage of the adventure.

Spoiler

The princess is still alive

We watched it last night (well I tried).  I fell asleep after an hour or so just because it got boring watching things blow up and light saber fights for hours on end.  It wasn’t horrible but it felt like a rehash of a bunch of other movies with things just exploding everywhere.  Even the sappy moments just didn’t connect and I can see why it’s getting bad reviews.

The most-watched title of the week overall was “Rebel Moon — Part Two: The Scargiver,” the follow-up to Zack Snyder’s 2023 film “Rebel Moon — Part One: A Child of Fire.” The movie hit 21.4 million views in its first three days of availability, putting it slightly behind “Part One,” which reached 23.9 million views in the same amount of time. The release of “Part Two” also gave a boost to “Part One,” which returned as the No. 5 English-language film with 5.5 million views.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:59 PM, Rodey said:

I never watched so much footage about a village turning wheat into flour

I took it as a demonstration how the village worked closely together (outsides and the locals) to prepare the temptation for the offworld forces to come down. But that's just me.

(shrug)

On 4/24/2024 at 2:26 PM, Bosco685 said:

I took it as a demonstration how the village worked closely together (outsides and the locals) to prepare the temptation for the offworld forces to come down. But that's just me.

(shrug)

I know. I like this movie better than the first. My fav character is the lady with the heat blades. Wish we had a chance to delve deeper into her backstory.