• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punch Comics 12 in 9.8
4 4

24 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2023 at 5:08 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

Which ones are picking up steam? I own a majority of them and I figured most are worthless ($8-20)

When I grbbed mine many years ago, I think I got a couple lots of 2 or 3 of them for a few dollars each.  I wanted to get more, and I guess that was during the pandemic, and they were asking $20 and up.  Maybe less now since the markey has retracted.

On 9/5/2023 at 3:45 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

This.

They are very nice for what they are, and the interior paper at least gives them the feel of a proper comic book. But the covers are too juiced and the colors correspondingly a bit too strong. (The facsimile of Suspense #3 uses a flat, brilliant blue for the background for example.)

The ones that look the most convincing tend to have a lot of black in the cover image, such as the Punch #12. Thing! #13, #14, #15 - but even then, the razor sharp edges are a dead giveaway.

As for size, they are all the same, so some might correspond to the original proportions, but others will not.

Nor do they bend in the same way.

And so on...

Well i don't bend like i used to either