• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBCS "Lost" my Stan Lee signed Fantastic Four 48 (stolen?)
2 2

26 posts in this topic

This is not you mail and take a chance and send your book in. This is a submission in person...generally not the same risk involved than  shipping it. CBCS screwed it up.....that alone when you hand them the book would cause great concern.....Do not get me wrong, I like Steve and he is no longer there...with the company. I hope you somehow get your book back.

Edited by Mmehdy

Anything can happen to a book on its way to the grading company, while at the facility changing hands several times, and while being shipped back. That is why you pick the amount of coverage you would like to get in the event of a loss of any kind. Anything less is on you.

This my understanding...

Instead of handing your package to the shipping company and then it gets shipped to the grading company, you hand the books to the rep and then they get packaged and shipped to the grading company.

If you consider how many hands handle your books, maybe option 1 is preferable?

Edited by Gaard

On 9/4/2023 at 5:17 AM, Gaard said:

This my understanding...

Instead of handing your package to the shipping company and then it gets shipped to the grading company, you hand the books to the rep and then they get packaged and shipped to the grading company.

If you consider how many hands handle your books, maybe option 1 is preferable?

the preferable option is CGC...

Wow, I hope you get your book back.  Looks like they still can't get things in order over there.  I read on their website that during the pandemic, they lost/misplaced a ton of books because they were sending books to employee's homes to enter them into their system and then send it back to their offices.  Hope they're not doing that again.