• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sticker on inside cover of Silver Age book
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a very nice copy of Adventures into the Unknown #126 (1961). It does however have a sticker on inside front cover. Very neatly placed with original owners name and address. I’d say w/o the sticker on inside fc it would be a solid 8.5-9.0. How hard would CGC ding me on the sticker? 

On 8/23/2023 at 5:15 PM, HHHolmes said:

How hard would CGC ding me on the sticker? 

There will be no ding, if you can live with a Qualified (Green Label) Grade.  And no more than a one grade increment ding, if you specifically request a Universal (Blue Label) Grade.  Please note, though, that the cost of CGC certification will probably be greater than the market value of the encapsulated book.  :cry:

SA122-92Q.thumb.jpg.69bd45e6fb5294af5d071fee1d2fe10f.jpg

Edited by zzutak

On 8/23/2023 at 8:45 PM, zzutak said:

Please note, though, that the cost of CGC certification will probably be greater than the market value of the encapsulated book.  :cry:

Definitely noted and thank you for your reply! I’m currently working on a cgc run of high grade ACG horror books 1955-1961…personal collection.