• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I never understood the appeal of Vampirella.......

23 posts in this topic

I understand, Gene. Now that I'm older, though, I'm able to choose which "inner adolescent fanboy comic geek instincts" I indulge in. Hulk vs. Wolverine slug-fest: indulge! Images that are better suited for Maxim or Playboy or Stuff: why not just buy those magazines and be honest with yourself?

Well, I would agree that some of the stuff out there is obviously pandering to adolescent fanboys, but does every Vampirella, Elektra, Red Sonja, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, etc. piece fall into that category? Where does an Elektra piece by Miller or Sienkiewicz fall? What about a George Perez Wonder Woman cover? I think I spied a Greg Horn Elektra cover in your collection, no? poke2.gif

Hi Gene,

Yes, I do have an Elektra Greg Horn cover..... but it's just a face shot! (cover to issue 6). But, I agree with you that some of the art is in in good taste, while others are not. The ratio is something like 1:9 these days, and that's really my point.

Maybe when you get married, you'll understand poke2.gif

So, you get married and lose all desire to see other graphically stimulating images?? grin.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif