• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about WTB (Want To Buy)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I've been reading the boards for about 15 years, but rarely post.  I was going to put up a Want To Buy post for a couple of Superman-Tim booklets I've been searching long and hard for, but I no longer see the WTB/FS forums listed.  I think I read somewhere that they only appear after a poster reaches a certain number of posts?  Can you confirm if that's true, and how many I would need, and if it matters what forum(s) I post to?  Thanks.

• Administrator

Hi

The want to buy forum will be visible to you once you reach 50 posts.  This is due to scammers viewing this forum after their first, seemingly legitimate post is approved, and sending PM's to people offering books they do not own.  There are no other forums that want to buy posts are allowed.

Mike

On 8/25/2023 at 7:36 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

The want to buy forum will be visible to you once you reach 50 posts.  This is due to scammers viewing this forum after their first, seemingly legitimate post is approved, and sending PM's to people offering books they do not own.  There are no other forums that want to buy posts are allowed.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Can you advise if I need to post 50+ in specific forum or in general? If the latter, then I should qualify but am not seeing the thread.

• Administrator
On 9/22/2023 at 12:28 AM, Every Day A Story said:

Thanks Mike. Can you advise if I need to post 50+ in specific forum or in general? If the latter, then I should qualify but am not seeing the thread.

It's a post count of 50 or greater, so the latter.  Pitboss has posted a link to that forum.  I have verified that it is visible through your account.