• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THIS ******* **** HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!

68 posts in this topic

sign-rantpost.gifI JUST PICKED UP WOLVERINE #36. PAID $2.50 FOR FOR 22 PAGES OF STORY AND ART.

"WHATS THE PROBLEM, YOU ASK???"

THIS BOOK HAD 26!!!........TWENTY-SIX!!!.....PAGES OF 893censored-thumb.gifING AD'S!!!!!!

sign-rantpost.gif....... makepoint.gif...... 893naughty-thumb.gif........ 893censored-thumb.gif........... boo.gif......... frustrated.gif........

ENOUGH!!!!!

He's saying that with higher costs if there wern't a lot of ads the price would be higher poke2.gif

I have heard this said from 1960 on, it's old, it's lame, and it's is not true. sign-rantpost.gif

To me the ONLY way to ask more is to GIVE more NOT LESS!!!!!

He's saying that with higher costs if there wern't a lot of ads the price would be higher poke2.gif

I have heard this said from 1960 on, it's old, it's lame, and it's is not true. sign-rantpost.gif

How is it not true? The less ads there are, the more cost Marvel is forced to recoup from the buyer. Pretty simple. confused-smiley-013.gif

But even worse are the ones that cost $3 (most of Marvel's book cost this) or even $4-$5. FF/Iron Man Big in Japan had the exact same thing and they charged $4!

Joe Quesada said they'd work on it, and it looks like "working on it" means keeping the same amount, just moving 5 pages of it to the very end. Thanks, dude, real improvement.

How is it not true? The less ads there are, the more cost Marvel is forced to recoup from the buyer. Pretty simple. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, those of you who keep boycotting Marvel "drek" are just forcing them to put in more ads, making you even angrier. If everyone would buy Marvel, we might have less ads insane.gif

Yeah, those of you who keep boycotting Marvel "drek" are just forcing them to put in more ads, making you even angrier. If everyone would buy Marvel, we might have less ads insane.gif

I recommend the opposite, and if enough people stop buying Marvel, maybe Joe Q will get canned, fat cat staff like Bendis will leave, expenses will drop, and maybe we'll have a rennaissance in the comic world.

Otherwise, it's a bunch of fat, aging fanboys paying higher and higher ticket prices for more and more ads, with no end in sight.

Remember, Marvel does this because you LET them.

This sure reminds of the movie theater economics: ticket prices increase, concession prices increase, pre-show ads are introduced, the industry has a record year, everyone cries poor but nobody goes out of business.

IMHO, I personally do not mind all the ads (especially now that they have moved the majority of them to the back of the book. I'm just happy that the cost per book is currently being kept at $2.50. I agree, without all the ads, we'd be paying upwards of $3.50 or $4 per book.

This sure reminds of the movie theater economics: ticket prices increase, concession prices increase, pre-show ads are introduced, the industry has a record year, everyone cries poor but nobody goes out of business.

Umm, wrong. The movie industry is getting hit hard this year, and there are a lot of theatres dropping off or trying new things to lure in a public that has had enough with the "theatre-going experience" and will just wait for the DVD and watch it at home.

Umm, wrong. The movie industry is getting hit hard this year, and there are a lot of theatres dropping off or trying new things to lure in a public that has had enough with the "theatre-going experience" and will just wait for the DVD and watch it at home.

That's because 95% of the movies aren't worth seeing, even for the cost of a $2.99 rental.

Umm, wrong. The movie industry is getting hit hard this year

Wow, i guess all the BS the movie studios are shoveling must be working. screwy.gif

Right now, 2005 stands to be the SECOND BEST year EVER at the box office, and there is no one starving, trust me. The only real difference is that 2004 was a record-breaking, Titanic-like year, and it's tough to put up those kinds of numbers consistently.

To draw a comparison, it would be like saying that the producers of Spider-man 2 were "hit hard" just because the sequel ($783 million) didn't make as much money as the original ($821 million). 27_laughing.gif

I'm just happy that the cost per book is currently being kept at $2.50.

I for one am NOT happy to pay $2.50 for a comic I can read in 5 minutes, which is the reason I don't buy anything off the stands. I was priced out of the market long ago. I get all my moderns half-cover price at the local used bookstore. No shortage of people of people who ARE willing to buy them off the stands, based on what I've seen.

I'm just happy that the cost per book is currently being kept at $2.50.

I for one am NOT happy to pay $2.50 for a comic I can read in 5 minutes, which is the reason I don't buy anything off the stands. I was priced out of the market long ago. I get all my moderns half-cover price at the local used bookstore. No shortage of people of people who ARE willing to buy them off the stands, based on what I've seen.

Well, when I say $2.50, I'm not paying exactly $2.50 for most of my books. More like $2.00 or maybe slightly less.