• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM -Forever People # 1 1971
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Thank you in advance!

Greatly appreciated.

Going to send it out for a press and clean soon.

Please note the stamp in the front. Don’t know if that is a grade dipper or not.

IMG_7228.jpeg

IMG_7229.jpeg

IMG_7230.jpeg

IMG_7231.jpeg

IMG_7232.jpeg

IMG_7233.jpeg

IMG_7234.jpeg

IMG_7235.jpeg

IMG_7236.jpeg

IMG_7237.jpeg

IMG_7238.jpeg

IMG_7239.jpeg

IMG_7240.jpeg

IMG_7241.jpeg

IMG_7242.jpeg

IMG_7243.jpeg

IMG_7244.jpeg

IMG_7245.jpeg

IMG_7246.jpeg

IMG_7247.jpeg

IMG_7248.jpeg

IMG_7249.jpeg

IMG_7250.jpeg

IMG_7251.jpeg

IMG_7252.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg

IMG_7254.jpeg

IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7256.jpeg

IMG_7257.jpeg

Edited by Jasgut
Adding something I missed

Love this book.  Love Jack Kirby.  Love his DC run in the 70's.

I have had this book a couple of times... not including when I bought one off the comic book stand... many, many years ago.

Here is what I notice about these books in general -- the cover and back are mostly white and show dirt easily,  That said:

1. You should definitely have it cleaned and pressed.

2. The price stamp should not affect the grading.

3. Your top left corner on the front does not look good, but pressing could help.

4. The right, top corner seems rounded.  That's a ding.

5.  There's a lot of visible foxing... again its a mostly white book.

6.  The ink smudge -- can you tell if that is a printer error... or maybe the guy that stamped the 5p.  The grader will have to male the call.

7. Lower right corner -- appears to be a color break smudge.  That's a ding.

If you put some effort or $$ into a good cleaning and press then I would say you are looking at a 7.0/7.5 with a hopeful 8.0.

LOVE THIS BOOK!  Thanks for sharing.

Edited by redgar-red

7.0/7.5 seems about right. I've had some of these white books come back a little lower, I think b/c the discoloration defects aren't hidden at all. My copy of this is also discolored around the edges, more like tanning whereas yours is foxing. Hard book to obtain in pristine condition I think

@scburdet Thank you! I’m very novice to the concept of foxing. Would a press and clean be able to remove any of it or is it a process that can’t be fixed unless you want to be flirting with a restored grade?

Edited by Jasgut
Spelling

On 9/1/2023 at 7:14 AM, Jasgut said:

@scburdet Thank you! I’m very novice to the concept of foxing. Would a press and clean be able to remove any of it or is it a process that can’t be fixed unless you want to be flirting with a restored grade?

Normal press and clean cannot remove foxing -- that is just a function of age, temperature, and humidity.  There are some advanced technics to mitigate / (and even) remove foxing.  However, these run the risk of being labeled as restoration.  I would stick with a traditional p&c.  You'll be surprised how it will look!