• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kevin Smith's Comic Artwork Collection Auction
2 2

46 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2023 at 9:26 AM, NinjaSealed said:

The Tim Sale pages did ok, the DPS was pretty strong.

For non-Long Halloween or Dark Victory I thought they were all really healthy. Forever there's been a huge valuation dividing line between Sale Batman on those two series and everything else. 

On 9/27/2023 at 7:07 PM, J.Sid said:

So.... after any fees, tax and shipping, what will the winner have paid for this one?

18% BP that wasn't real transparently listed (I think you had to hover over or click an info button to see). Plus tax. Plus a confusing shipping situation...

On 9/28/2023 at 10:26 AM, NinjaSealed said:

Yeah I figured the issue would be at a premium just not by that much…..especially extrapolating to a page with better content being in the 50k+ range. I still really need to scratch the itch and add a Moore run example.

I thought the Miller DD was about right for a Bullseye fight page pre 168.

The Tim Sale pages did ok, the DPS was pretty strong.

The Sandman pages I probably should have thrown another bid or two on a couple of them…but I think prices are coming down after the pre show hype prices.

I am very surprised the prices were as strong as they were on the Matt Wagner pieces due to the sheer number of them. 

Well, I think of it as maybe the best comic book I ever read.   I'm sure I'm not alone.

There were some great Batman and Batman/Grendel II pages by Matt Wagner in this auction, but they were too rich for me.  Had there been any nice pages from the first Batman/Grendel mini, I would have seriously been tempted, though.  It was amusing to see the one Batman/Grendel II page that was drawn with the board upside down ("OOPS!" was written where the title/issue/artist information would normally go).  I knew the Magebook cover would be out of my price range (but congrats to whomever picked that up).

Matt Wagner's art dealer, Jim Warden, often has original art by Matt Wagner that's more affordable.  There should be a lot of art from the Grendel: Devil by the Deed Master's Edition available once that book is out, and the art in that is terrific from what I have seen.