• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will my "1 piece of tape..." label get removed if I re-holder my slab?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a CGC Universal/Blue slab with the following label text included "1 piece of tape used on interior cover".   The grader notes already indicate tape and the 2022 announcement about label changes indicates that tape comments will no longer show up on the label. 

Will my 2021 slab no longer show this text if I get it re-holdered?

Thanks!

Edited by travizb

Sent this question to CGC Customer Service.  Their response:

Thank you for contacting us. Since we have changed the policy regarding notes mentioning tape, this would be removed from the label upon reholder. The note will most likely be moved to grader notes. 

On 8/31/2023 at 4:30 PM, travizb said:

Sent this question to CGC Customer Service.  Their response:

Appears you hit the jackpot if you are an ethically and morally challenged seller, now after a re-slab its much more easily sold to an unsuspecting rube.  Is that the reason you desire to have it re-holdered?

Its for this reason I will not purchase any CGC book if I I do not have internet access to weed out nonsense like this.  Congrats to CGC for making it so much easier for scammers

Edited by MAR1979