• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A smattering of raws for sale - ASM, Thor, X-Men, What If... (including 31), and more!
1 1

38 posts in this topic

YARN | - Thanks for everything. - So long, Superman. | The Simpsons (1989)  - S08E13 Comedy | Video gifs by quotes | 39d4e40e | 紗

Continuing to look to move some books that are just milling about.  Plus, the baby said I need to buy a new car.  I bought the new car already, but I figured I'd just resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.  Work smarter, not harder and such.

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check / money order / Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance (which is pretty much immediate with Zelle).  Payment due within 5 business days.  

Shipping (domestic):  Domestic shipping is included in the book price and will be by insured USPS ground advantage unless noted otherwise.  

Shipping (international) - exact cost, minus the US shipping cost (generally I use USPS flat rate envelopes).  Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  I will take returns on raw books if I failed to disclose a significant flaw or we end up wildly disagreeing on the grade.  Please contact me within 7 days of receipt should a situation like this arise.

On the HoS?  Probation list?  Or we have some other beef (on my ignore list, bad con interaction, etc.)?  Don't bother.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:posted in the thread wins a book outright (so don't PM it to me, a thread take it wins out regardless of time stamp).  Offers always welcome.

Edited by mattn792

Tales to Astonish 36 is first up.  3rd Ant Man, 2nd full appearance.  Originally bought from @gunsmokin back in September of 2021 (and I borrowed his photos), I call this around a 4.0. 

$old

Spoiler

Front.jpeg

Spoiler

Interior.jpeg

Spoiler

Rear.jpeg

Edited by mattn792

Thor Annual 2.  Destroyer cover and appearance.  In addition to the wear you see in the photos, there's also about a 2 inch split at the top and bottom of the spine, not uncommon on square bound books.  Call it a 3.5.

$29 shipped

Front.JPG

Interior.JPG

Rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

On 9/3/2023 at 5:21 PM, gunsmokin said:

Good luck with sale. Did you do some upgrading?

No, unfortunately it's time for another ing word - consolidating.  Since we had the little one, it's been apparent that I have too many comics and not enough time.  

On 9/3/2023 at 5:24 PM, mattn792 said:

No, unfortunately it's time for another ing word - consolidating.  Since we had the little one, it's been apparent that I have too many comics and not enough time.  

All for a good cause! I’m down to my last kiddo who is 13.

Spoiler

X-Men 120, featuring a battle with an Alpha Flight team looking to extradite Wolverine to Canada.  3.0.  Has a lot of under the light flaws (pock marks and creases, so some might call it a 2.5, but I hesitate to do that since it's still solid without any tears.

$30 shipped

Front.JPG

Interior.JPG

Rear.JPG

SOLD

Edited by mattn792

On 9/3/2023 at 8:16 PM, mattn792 said:

X-Men 120, featuring a battle with an Alpha Flight team looking to extradite Wolverine to Canada.  3.0.  Has a lot of under the light flaws (pock marks and creases, so some might call it a 2.5, but I hesitate to do that since it's still solid without any tears.

$30 shipped

Front.JPG

Interior.JPG

Rear.JPG

Take it 

These next two are intended more as some fun reading material additions to any bigger purchase, but I will ship them solo or together if a buyer prefers.  Both books are mid-grade.

What If... 2 - Hulk had the Brain of Bruce Banner?
What If... 5 - Captain America Hadn't Vanished During WWII?

WITHOUT shipping - $4 each.  These would ship USPS first class if not bought in tandem with a book going Priority, pm me for an accurate quote if interested.

What If 2 and 5.JPG

SOLD

Spoiler

Marvel Masterworks hardcover, sixth printing, which reprints AF 15 and ASM 1-10.  Someone on eBay is asking $150 for a copy of this.  As Dave Chappelle might say...

YARN | That's crack prices! | Chappelle's Show (2003) - S02E01 | Video  clips by quotes | c6cfa3d6 | 紗

$27 shipped (this one will ship media mail by default, can upgrade to Priority by request for an extra $5)

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

Edited by mattn792

SOLD

Spoiler

Wolverine Limited Series 3.  Very tough to keep in high grade due to the all black cover.  I conservatively call this book an 8.5, though I think there's an easy case to be made for 9.0 as is, quite possibly a 9.2 after a pressing.  

Front cover has 4 small spine tics, two of which are tough to see without the book being under a light, and some non-color breaking bending to the top of the cover.

Rear cover has 3 small spine tics and a non-color breaking crease at the lower spine corner.  Also a slight miscut towards the top with that little bit of extra paper hanging off the edge.

Spine has a slight reading bend toward the bottom, definitely pressable.

$40 shipped

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

Edited by mattn792

Wolverine Limited Series 4.  Concludes this fantastic storyline, which was brutally butchered in the second Wolverine movie.  Not that I'm hung up on that.  Anyway...

I call this one a 6.0 as it stands now.  Moderate amount of creasing and impact marks to both covers.  However...so much of it is not color breaking, that I wouldn't be surprised to see a really good presser push this into the 8s, maybe even all the way to a 9.0.

$14 shipped 

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

Edited by mattn792