• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRACEY HEFT does it again. The Consummate Conservator

108 posts in this topic

Tracey just finished restoring my Captain America 132 Page Canadian Annual and did an knock up job indeed

See attachement

I endeavored to send him this book for resto after he did such a terrific job last year on my Marvel Mystery 132 pg annual

See below link for his website:

http://www.eclipsepaper.com/

You can view my Marvel Mystery Annual before and after Resto under the heading Collectable Items tab on his site

Cheers,

Stephen Lipson

1015204-CapAnnualFC.jpg.6c7432cdf4ebf26b459146ccf66bfd05.jpg

Here it is for everyone to see.

1015204-CapAnnualFC.jpg

NICE book!! Congratulations!!!!

VERY NICE book.................. thumbsup2.gif

after thoroughly checking out the site, i can see why some books could take a long time to get done, considering all the inherent work and potentially all of the work with the fairly new pressing service. the $25 price tag is interesting. i wonder if these books get anymore than an Impact Press squeezing?? anyone have any idea?? it just seems so inexpensive............

i've been waiting to see Tracey's results on FFB's resto job on his AF#15 since i want to have my Hulk #1 done. (biga$$ tear on the BC). but after querying Scott after his return from the Honeymoon found out that the book is no where near completion after many months.............hopefully, it's not due to all his time spent pressing books.......... devil.gif

and that Flash #1 almost sounds like it could be my copy, which has undergone extensive resto, was slabbed, broken out and sold to me............. 893whatthe.gif

Hi everyone

Just have to address a couple of questions:

the $25 price tag is interesting. i wonder if these books get anymore than an Impact Press squeezing?? anyone have any idea?? it just seems so inexpensive............

I addressed this inquiry back in February of this year when it was asserted that "you get what you pay for". In this case, it is true. It only takes so long to press a book thoroughly and completely and $25.00 is more than fair for the time it takes to press out everything that I can without taking the book apart. This includes overall pressing (if needed) and localized pressing of every defect I see. Other's charge based on the value of the book - but a book is a book is a book and I charge for my time, regardless of the book I am working on. And while there are some who feel that my pressing skills might be lacking in some shape or form - I obviously disagree and have seen no proof of any obvious differences between pressing services. It is not like anyone has sent me a book to be pressed, then sent the same book (in it's orginal condition) to another person and compared the different end results!!!

i've been waiting to see Tracey's results on FFB's resto job on his AF#15 since i want to have my Hulk #1 done. (biga$$ tear on the BC). but after querying Scott after his return from the Honeymoon found out that the book is no where near completion after many months.............hopefully, it's not due to all his time spent pressing books..........

While I hope that all my emails between myself and my clients are confidential, I have to hope that Scott has maybe shared with you the reason behind "the delay" . Actually, to call it a delay is false, since I originally told Scott it would take a year to complete and when he balked at that time frame we negotiated an end period shorter than that - which has now been moved yet again (hopefully for the last time)! Ah, the nature of conservation - hard to pin down an exact date for completion as anything can happen at any time!

Tracey Heft

www.eclipsepaper.com

P.S the black staining at the side of the book is indeed some sort of oil stain/ink stain. In any case it wasn't easily removed or reduced and seems to be quite stable so it was decided not to tamper with it which would have meant cutting off or removing the original paper of the cover in order to achieve an esthetic improvement.

While I hope that all my emails between myself and my clients are confidential, I have to hope that Scott has maybe shared with you the reason behind "the delay" . Actually, to call it a delay is false, since I originally told Scott it would take a year to complete and when he balked at that time frame we negotiated an end period shorter than that - which has now been moved yet again (hopefully for the last time)! Ah, the nature of conservation - hard to pin down an exact date for completion as anything can happen at any time!

Oh come on. I guess I am a little surprised that you got my deposit in June 2005 and said you'd likely be done in "10-12 weeks" (i.e., roughly October timeframe) and yet you haven't even started working on the book yet. confused-smiley-013.gif I'd call that a delay any way you slice it. I don't remember you telling me my book would take a year. I remember you telling me that at the time we spoke (April 2005, as I recall), you had been holding a book for a client for a year while he searched for a back cover. My book doesn't have that issue.

popcorn.gif When the biggest "conservation" advocates on this Board takes a shot at one of "conservators", you have to take notice at the results and can't help but put an asterisks by the name... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I'm not taking a shot at him. I was just setting the record straight (since he decided to bring it up) on the rather Pollyanna-ish representation about the "is it delay or not delay?" issue. I thought Tracey's post made it sound like I knew all along that he wouldn't have started working on the book until December and that wasn't the case at all.