• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED… Long Box of Letter A Raws, From Adventures of Superman to Armageddon 2001!!! U.S. Shipping Only!!
2 2

269 posts in this topic

Bloody rules again!!! :ohnoez:

--No HOSers or Probies....NO EXCEPTIONS!!

--Payment methods accepted are cashier's/bank check, money order, or PayPal.  Once paper payment is received, I will ship.  I will not accept personal checks...sorry. :(

--Free Media Mail shipping for 5 raw comics or less!! Any orders over 5 comics will be shipped First Class or Priority at buyer's expense.  I use Pirate Ship, so your cost will reflect my discount. (thumbsu

--U.S. shipping only!!  If someone outside the CONUS has a contact stateside that will ship to you, please let me know. :smile:

--No buyer's remorse...you buy items as is.  Scans are being provided, but questions about condition are welcome...PM please, not in the thread.

--No returns on products, unless they are damaged in transit.  PM me pictures of any damage, and I'll take care of you. :)

--First :takeit:in the thread trumps any PM negotiations.

--I will entertain reasonable offers, so feel free to PM me. (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

For those of you that don't know me (there probably aren't many), I finished a 190 plus page sales thread almost two years ago...one of the longest running sales threads at the time.  It was a Modern Age sale of about 90% of my collection dating back to the very early 90's.  I was taking photos of everything for two years, so the thread got too damn big.  I didn't have a working scanner, and I preferred pics.  Photos for some listings may be used for various reasons, even though I have a decent scanner now.  Taking and uploading photos of every comic got to be too tedious, as I'm sure you can imagine. xD

I'm still trying to unload as much of my Modern collection as possible, but with scanned comics I will take up less space in the thread.  Also, I'm only going to list comics one box at a time, per thread (if comics are selling).  I'll start with the first box, beginning with letter 'A'-titled comics.  I will have a generic recap post...I won't list every single comic, just basic info for what's listed on each page.  A recap post showing around 300 individual comics will be too big.  I don't feel like being that detail-oriented. (thumbsu

Prices will be on the low end, unless they are in Near Mint condition or better, they are keys, they are selling for higher prices in today's market, etc., etc.  This is mainly a 'filler' collection for buyers out there, since I bought most of these comics to read them.  Yes, I've probably read about 95% of this collection, but I stopped actively collecting raw Modern runs around 1998.  There were a few spurts of buying off and on since then, but I no longer purchase raw Moderns.

I'll start off the first long box with the series '52', which was a weekly comic published during 2006/2007.  These stories took place during the missing year after the end of 'Infinite Crisis'.  Before I get started, I have a couple older Overstreet CBPG's to list.  I know longer use them, and I know some people collect them. :)

Again, don't hesitate to send me a PM with questions, offers, etc.  If you're going to be nasty though, save it for someone who cares.  I don't have time for that nonsense. :makepoint:

Let's get this party started!!! :banana:

:news: Please be aware that I tend to grade on the conservative side.  I don't grade like CGC...I grade my conscience and gut instinct.  Any comics I feel have a shot at a higher grade than my estimate will include 'or better' in the listing.  Again, PM questions anytime. :)

9DBA01FD-DFE4-4EC7-83EC-6F01A4651D47.gif.6a44be9d93f8895bb49b5628d5a635f4.gif

Edited by Galen130

Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, Special 50th Anniversary Edition (softcover).

This book has been used, and it shows, but it is intact.  Both covers show some wrinkling/creasing from a lot of handling, but it is in usable condition.  There may be pen markings inside, but I doubt it.

$15 shipped

img20230907_10321916 (2).jpg

img20230907_10331982 (2).jpg

Edited by Galen130

Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, 51st Edition (softcover).

This book has been used, but in much better condition than the previous book.  It wasn't used nearly as much...almost a waste of money. :(

$12 shipped

img20230907_10292070 (2).jpg

img20230907_10305155 (2).jpg

GENERIC RECAP!!!

Page 1

• Two Overstreet CBPG, 50th and 51st editions                                                                                                           $15 or less
  • Incomplete run of DC's 52...15 issues                                                                                                                        $2 or less

Page 2

• Final issue of DC's 52                                                                                                                                                 $3
  • Action Comics #596 to #697, incomplete run                                                                                                             $3 or less
  • Action Comics #684, newsstand (key)                                                                                                                       $8 SOLD
  • A couple Action Comics Weekly                                                                                                                                 $3 each
  • AC #692 to #698 (page 3) run                                                                                                                                    $12 shipped, (lot), or as priced

Page 3

• Action Comics #698 to #715, with a few newsstands (#714 missing)                                                                        $4 or less (mostly $2)
  • Action Comics #704 to #713 run                                                                                                                                $16 shipped (lot), or as priced

Page 4

• Action Comics #716 to #740, incomplete run                                                                                                             $4 or less (mostly $2)
  • Action Comics #731 to #748, complete run (#741 to #748 on page 5)                                                                      same as above, or $35 for the lot of 18 comics

Page 5

• Action Comics #741 to #748 (part of complete run from page 4)                                                                               same as above, page 4
  • Action Comics Annuals #5 to #9 (#5 is a minor key)                                                                                                  $3 or less
  • Adventures in the DC Universe #1, #2, #9, #12, #18, #19                                                                                         $4 or less (mostly $2)
  • Adventures of Superman #428 (newsstand), 1st Bibbo Bibbowski; FN/VF or better                                                 $3

Page 6

• Adventures of Superman #445 to #505, incomplete run; some newsstands                                                             $4 or less (mostly $2) 1 COPY OF #505 SOLD
  • Adventures of Superman #506 to #531 run starts here                                                                                             $3 or less (mostly $2), or $50 for the lot of 27 comics

Page 7

• Adventures of Superman #506 to #531 run continues here                                                                                      $3 or less (mostly $2), or $50 for the lot of 27 comics

Page 8

• Adventures of Superman #506 to #531 run ends here                                                                                              $3 or less (mostly $2), or $50 for the lot of 27 comics
  • Adventures of Superman #533 to #541, incomplete run                                                                                            $3 or less (mostly $2)
  • Adventures of Superman #543 to #561, complete run (continues on page 9)                                                           $3 or less (mostly $2), or $35 for the lot of 19 comics

Page 9

• Adventures of Superman #543 to #561, complete run (continued from page 8)                                                        $3 or less (mostly $2), or $35 for the lot of 19 comics
  • Adventures of Superman #1,000,000                                                                                                                         $3
  • Adventures of Superman Annuals #5, #7, #8, #9                                                                                                       $3 each #5 SOLD
  • Adventures of The Mask #6, #7, #8                                                                                                                            $3 each
  • Agents of Atlas #1, Skottie Young variant                                                                                                                   $15 (O.B.O.)
  • Age of Reptiles #1 and #3                                                                                                                                           $3 each

Page 10

• Age of Reptiles: The Hunt #1, #3, and #4                                                                                                                   $3 each
  • Age of Reptiles Tyrannosaurus signed print                                                                                                               $250 (O.B.O.)
  • Akiko on the Planet Smoo Ashcan Edition                                                                                                                  $5
  • All-New X-Men #24                                                                                                                                                     $1
  • All-Star Batman #1 to #4, including variants                                                                                                               $8 or less (mostly $5) 1 SOLD
  • All-Star Batman #1, Turner/Aspen sketch variant, CGC 9.9                                                                                       $165 (O.B.O.)
  • All-Star Batman #1, Scorpion Comics sketch variant, CGC 9.9                                                                                 $135 (O.B.O.)

Page 11

• All-Star Batman #4 to #6, #11, #12, including variants                                                                                               $5 or less (one for $4)
  • Alpha Flight #98                                                                                                                                                          $2
  • Alpha Flight #102                                                                                                                                                        $1
  • Alpha Flight #126                                                                                                                                                        $2
  • Amazing Spider-Man #140, 1st Gloria Grant, MVS #75 attached                                                                              $25 SOLD
  • Amazing Spider-Man Annual #27, polybag and cards included                                                                                  $5
  • Amazing Spider-Man #375, holografix cover, CGC 9.6                                                                                              $70
  • Amazing X-Men #1 to #4                                                                                                                                             $12 for the set
  • American Vampire #4 to #6                                                                                                                                         $5 or less

Page 12

• American Vampire #7 to #13                                                                                                                                        $5 or less
  • A Moment of Silence, 9/11 tribute one-shot                                                                                                                 $3
  • Anarky #1 to #4, mini series                                                                                                                                         $12 for the set
  • Anima #7 and #0                                                                                                                                                          $2 each
  • Animal Man #49                                                                                                                                                           $2
  • Ant-Man #1, Skottie Young variant                                                                                                                               $4
  • Aquaman (2nd series) #4 to #6, #8, #11                                                                                                                      $2 or less
  • Aquaman (3rd series) #2 (key issue)                                                                                                                           $4

Page 13

• Aquaman (3rd series) #0, #3, #7, #8, #26, #37, #43                                                                                                   $4 or less
  • Aquaman (3rd series) #1,000,000                                                                                                                               FREE with purchase
  • Aquaman (3rd series) Annuals #1 and #2                                                                                                                   $3 each
  • Archer & Armstrong #22, two copies (one with trading card)                                                                                      $2 and $3 respectively
  • Arion, Lord of Atlantis #4, newsstand                                                                                                                          FREE with purchase SOLD
  • Arion, Lord of Atlantis #31                                                                                                                                           $2
  • Arion, The Immortal #1 (3 copies)                                                                                                                               $1 each
  • Armageddon, The Alien Agenda #1 to #3 (two copies of #2)                                                                                      $2 or less

Page 14

• Armageddon, The Alien Agenda #4                                                                                                                             $1
  • Armageddon, Inferno #3                                                                                                                                              $1
  • Armageddon 2001 #1 and #2                                                                                                                                      $4 each
Edited by Galen130

52, Week 4 (direct). This issue features an appearance by Renee Montoya, as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 3.

VF, or better. Both covers show a few spots of light soiling and/or ink transfers. A clean should help some.

$2

8c96ecd5966edb463f592d23b7bba92c.jpg

417d6d20aeb1a34e539a61f1823081fe.jpg

Edited by Galen130

I'll insert this here, before I forget. Lol

If a listing doesn't state the page color, it means that the pages are white.  I don't scan interior wraps in order to prevent any damage to the comic.  Feel free to PM me if you really, really, really, really, really need to see the page color. :roflmao:

52, Week 5 (direct).  This issue features appearances by Cyborg, Green Lantern, and Hawkgirl, as well as The History of the DC Universe-Part 4.

VF+, or better.  The back shows very light ink transfers near the staples.

$2

690049263112bf0c6cef41d677c915e4.jpg

0e0474f203eaef096b4674db50ee9e1f.jpg

52, Week 8 (direct). This issue features appearances by Green Arrow, Steel, and Stephanie Brown (as Spoiler and Robin), as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 7.

VF, or better. Both covers show either very light ink rubs or ink transfers/soiling near the staples.

$2

3b35a913e6d5b8cd29b651446c2e0b8f.jpg

4b770c05024f099e45f4c6037a1ab75e.jpg

52, Week 9 (direct).  This issue features appearances by Adam Strange and Animal Man, as well as The History of the DC Universe-Part 8.

VF+, or better.  Very light ink rubs on the back at the staples.

$2

b5add0ff3fbfc5f94aa561f66643cf25.jpg

1832c99f75b3a4f17579dfaf5217dd23.jpg

52, Week 10. This issue features appearances by Clark Kent and Supernova, as well as The History of the DC Universe, Part 9.

VF+, or better. Very light ink rubs near the staples, back cover.

$2

53664af59787f62877c30085e013e87f.jpg

7f10477c7d712f7b9fafebf57300c98a.jpg

52, Week 27 (direct).  This issue features the origin of Black Canary as told by Howard Chaykin.

VF, or better.  Both covers show very light ink rubs near the staples.

$2

51d20fd83d51967c4a3d9ed8624004c2.jpg

d1aefd99640df1515dbccc0f2a3fdbd7.jpg

52, Week 29 (direct). This issue features the 1st appearance of the new Jade.

VF, or better. Very light ink rubs near the staples, back cover. The entire bottom right corner has a very small bend through it that will press out.

$2

16dc844663f689fd3749aa380106114e.jpg

8a136cf36c65c551af2b285123badbdd.jpg

52, Week 30 (direct).  This issue features appearances by Robin, Nightwing, Question, and Batwoman.  Duncan Rouleau also discusses the origin of The Metal Men.

VF, or better.  Very light ink rubs on the back, bottom staples, as well as a very small ink-breaking crease at the bottom left corner.

$2

89b2b9cd6be999a43e03b460ce242487.jpg

631b47066b0d46e46a59fc61f1d434c1.jpg

52, Week 31. This issue features the appearances by Adam Strange, Animal Man, Supernova, and Lobo. Freddie E. Williams, II also discusses the origin of Robin.

VF, or better. Both covers show very mild ink transfers and/or rubs near the staples.

$2

409fbd4b8ef36c6740685f9233297625.jpg

6a7f606f1143391bfbb04342431e99d4.jpg

52, Week 32.  This issue features the appearances of Adam Strange, Animal Man, Captain Marvel Jr., and Lobo.  Cully Hamner also discusses the origin of Blue Beetle.

VF, or better.  The back shows very light ink rubs near the staples.  Both covers have a small production crease.

$2

58712e81c1af2f697048994eb0837955.jpg

306f13ebad19cab3305dd196bfafeab3.jpg

52, Week 33. This issue features appearances by Animal Man, Question, Batwoman, and Nightwing. Tom Mandrake also discusses the origin of Martian Manhunter.

VF-, or better. Basically, a press will fix a lot of defects with this comic.

$1

8e21bc9b28226400cd546c7ec52dafee.jpg

067e0dbaeaa7ee746b7c72e7c9e2dabd.jpg

52, Week 34.  This issue features appearances by Suicide Squad, Black Canary, and Steel.  Brian Bolland also discusses the origins of Zatanna.

VF, or better.  Both covers show very light ink rubs in spots along the spine.  The back shows a very small bend at the bottom left corner (more like blunting).

$2

f516f2f4de47b736c861f2e15618baa0.jpg

950e965beb6cbdb095e74bb3760a6c5a.jpg

52, Week 35 (direct). This issue features appearances by Animal Man, Adam Strange, Starfire, and Steel.

VF-, or better. Both covers show moderate ink rubs near the top staple.

$1

d7a4a5202de2c62f8cb583d615080443.jpg

203fd8b2bb4efc4bd3a60995f89c7c5b.jpg

52, Week 47. This issue features appearances by Batwoman, Steel, Robin, and Superboy. Karl Kerschl also discusses the origin of the Teen Titans.

VF, or better. The back cover shows very light ink rubs near the staples.

$2

766cec61c3adc37fdfc9037a404cde66.jpg

1b97d48cbf24efba435568f3f9cc1b9a.jpg