• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deception on hulk #181.......?

17 posts in this topic

that is a bunch of [!@#%^&^]!! In that case all of my CGC books should have been 9.8s and when i put them up on ebay i will list them as 9.8 in the title (except the real 9.8s, those i will list as 10.0) and then disclaimer it in the description. dont people realize what a wast this is. i would not bid on that auction for sheer principle as it has pizzed me off!! the only way i would bid is if i was stealing it at the last second, which surely wont happen. the reserve is probably ten dollars under the BIN anyhow. this cat is a dork!

Is there not something in Ebays rules about the description matching the actual item listed?

Its all very well for someone to say in the description that they think the book has been undergraded, but clearly stating a false grade in the auction descption HAS to be against ebay rules. frown.gif

if someone is desperate they may hit the BIN and it will be too late.

desperation aside... 695 is a fairly good price for a slabbed 9.0

someone may pull the trigger on that fact alone before they see the scan or read the full description. 695 is not that great of a deal on an 8.0 however. and dont people stop to think about the serious collectors and how this type of stuff really is a turn off to anyone who is serious about the hobby? sure a fanboy might buy this one and not even realize or care, but what about a ASM 101 or a X-Men 141-142 described this way? of course it is not such an expensive scale but the concept is still the same. and these are books that a more serious collector would want. Not saying Uber serious or the I live for it type of collector, but the regular been doin it for years and still dig it when i can collector. but the point is that anyone can be duped, and when people who might buy a few books over time are angry or afraid of your auctions, well then you hurt yourself in the long run just to turn a book or two. am i making any sense or just blathering?

It really is possible that he typed in the 9 instead of the 8 but really It wont surprise me if this book goes for somewhere around that price of 650.00 These books are Hot as shown by prices for all these books are selling at right now.I mean 5.0 are selling at what 7.0 was going for a little over a month ago.As displayed by the Rickdogg flip.I mean hay I almost fell for that and was going in for the Kill Bin but you know if I had I bet I woulds have made money on it anyway.I tell my Mother I am Lucky she tells me I am blessed.Ill say it here first Bless Hulk 181

Davidking623 smile.gif