• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had $2,000 to buy one comic which would it be?

52 posts in this topic

I'm in good shape with all my keys so I'd only look for a good deal for my 2K.

Rub it in why don't ya? poke2.gif Some of use weren't fortunate to have been collecting SA keys 15 years ago when they were dirt cheap.

Also, 2K book in HG nowadays doesnt even buy a Bronze key anymore, so its pretty hard to find a purchase to make for me.

Who said it had to be HG? Are you inferring that only HG comics matter? poke2.gif

So stricken me if you must!

I must! makepoint.giftongue.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I know... I just had to rub it in ! insane.gif

I'd purchase a very nice copy of Brave and the Bold 34....wait....I've already got that one in high grade....

Ok, I'd pick up a copy of Showcase 17.

And I don't even consider myself a serious DC collector.

I'd buy a Journey Into Mystery 84 in VF+, if one could be found.

I just checked the census out of interest and found 4 copies in 8.5, so you may be in luck someday. thumbsup2.gif Incredibly, of 87 copies submitted there are only 4 copies ABOVE 8.5. (2 x 9.0, 1 x 9.2, 1 x 9.4).

Is this the toughest Marvel book, period, above 8.5 ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just checked the census out of interest and found 4 copies in 8.5, so you may be in luck someday. thumbsup2.gif Incredibly, of 87 copies submitted there are only 4 copies ABOVE 8.5. (2 x 9.0, 1 x 9.2, 1 x 9.4).

Yes. Among Marvel Superhero books, it is tied with Strange Tales 103 as having fewest copies certified in 9.0 or better.

This is a main reason why I treasure my raw copy, with its virtually perfect file copy cover married to an OW/W interior.

Thought I'd compare it to some of the "usual candidates". J.I.M. #84 has the fewest number of certified copies above 8.5, but if you extrapolate from the total submitted, it looks as follows:

Hulk 1 = 10 COPIES above 8.5 (from 358 submitted) = 2.79%

TTA 27 = 6 COPIES above 8.5 (from 160) = 3.75%

J.I.M. 84 = 4 COPIES above 8.5 (from 87) = 4.5%

FF3 = 9 COPIES above 8.5 (from 194) = 4.6%