• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This kinda goes along with my $2000 post. But diff quesition

33 posts in this topic

You would do well to avoid him, lest you become the object of his ire...which is fierce indeed on the days he isn't able to visit one of the local bath houses or all-male discoteches.

27_laughing.gif

All joking aside, it IS nice when new posters make the effort to get a sense of the board etiquette and it does annoy me when someone bothers to post a quick reply and it goes unacknowledged.

How doeth thou change after passing the bar poke2.gif Someone should have given him the actual number rather than a link to a source where work still has to be done to figure out the answer. Sheesshh you guys need to deal with 19 to 21 year-old students more often.

You're excused. Ironic in what way? The way that i called you on your rudeness to another person on here? Ironic in that the "only" post you have read of mine had to do with my criticism of another member who i felt also has belittled other forum members, much as you have done? Your argument does not hold water. You were rude. Plain and simple. I have contributed several what i consider to be worthy posts in my short time on these boards. Just because my post count is not as high as yours does not mean i am not to be taken seriously when it comes to telling another person they are wrong for their actions. You speak of etiquette on the boards and the lack thereof. Do you consider your remarks proper etiquette?

Fine. You have the right to believe that you can tell me that I`m being rude, and I`ll continue to believe that I have the right to tell someone when they`re being rude.

By the way, I never said I wasn`t being rude to yenling. But his conduct deserved it, in my opinion. Deal with it.

I remember he flamed me ruthlessly, and without provocation, when I first joined.

In fact, I believe you`re the only other newbie that I`ve ever felt compelled to dress down. And you seem to have turned out no worse for the experience. tongue.gif

You would do well to avoid him, lest you become the object of his ire...which is fierce indeed on the days he isn't able to visit one of the local bath houses or all-male discoteches.

Yes, they closed them all down after your last visit. Perhaps you need to see a doctor about those STDs.

All joking aside, it IS nice when new posters make the effort to get a sense of the board etiquette and it does annoy me when someone bothers to post a quick reply and it goes unacknowledged.

thumbsup2.gif

Oh ... and be kind to the newbie. If he is of legitimate college age, his behavior is (sadly) typical ... well typical of my C students devil.gif

Well, if no one ever tells him (and his peers) that their behavior is sorely lacking, then how will they ever clean up their act?

893whatthe.gif Ouch. Boy I am glad you didn't greet me the same way when I first joined.

Nah, you behaved like a mature adult when you joined. flowerred.gif And, you immediately contributed to the boards, you didn't just take take take.

But I'm watching you...

Greeeaaaat, now you're watching. Oh ... and be kind to the newbie. If he is of legitimate college age, his behavior is (sadly) typical ... well typical of my C students devil.gif

Hey what's wrong with C students. sumo.gif27_laughing.gif

An X-MEN # 1 sounds like the book you really want.It probably has as good a chance as any of maintaining or increasing in value over the years.If it were me,I would try for a WHITE paged 5.0 with the deep color strike.There are two different color strikes on X-MEN #1.One has a very dark green corner emblem while the other is light green.I prefer the dark green one.The copies in the 6.0 to 7.5 range are generally slower to move for a good price if you ever need to sell.This would leave you with another grand to spend on a 9.0 X-MEN # 4, IF ONE TURNS UP.You could also save the money until you have enough for a 8.0 #1.That would be a beautiful book plus a decent investment vehicle.Most importantly,research the market,be patient,and don't be afraid to get outbid if the price gets too steep.Another one will definitely turn up.Now if it were my money,I would also consider the F.F. # 13 (9.0) that Robert Storms has on his website( www.highgradecomics.com ) or the Yellow Claw # 1-4 run that Jerry Weist is auctioning on ebay right now.Good luck and GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

An X-MEN # 1 sounds like the book you really want.It probably has as good a chance as any of maintaining or increasing in value over the years.If it were me,I would try for a WHITE paged 5.0 with the deep color strike.There are two different color strikes on X-MEN #1.One has a very dark green corner emblem while the other is light green.I prefer the dark green one.The copies in the 6.0 to 7.5 range are generally slower to move for a good price if you ever need to sell.This would leave you with another grand to spend on a 9.0 X-MEN # 4, IF ONE TURNS UP.You could also save the money until you have enough for a 8.0 #1.That would be a beautiful book plus a decent investment vehicle.Most importantly,research the market,be patient,and don't be afraid to get outbid if the price gets too steep.Another one will definitely turn up.Now if it were my money,I would also consider the F.F. # 13 (9.0) that Robert Storms has on his website( www.highgradecomics.com ) or the Yellow Claw # 1-4 run that Jerry Weist is auctioning on ebay right now.Good luck and GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Nice analysis, Jimbo. Your point about "don't be afraid to get outbid, another will turn up" is an important one I think. If you're new to buying key SA books, or new to buying vintage comics on ebay, it's easy to rush in or to feel like an SA key that's being offered to you is a now-or-never proposition, but even a book like X-Men 1 is reasonably easy to find. So Yenling, my advice is to take your time, research the market, and pick out a copy that's right for you.

Buy what you like. Don't buy for investment, as you're all but positive to take a bath if you're already buying a slabbed book. If you like X-Men 1, buy X-Men 1. If you like Captain Atom, buy that. Also, there's no such thing as a rare Silver Age book, so if you don't think the price is right, pass. Another will turn up.

just remember you have to pay that student loan stipend back. smile.gif
Ha, ha ya I know, but this from my poker earnings-took me a while. But also, my birthday, and Christmas present to myself, and I sold my X-men #1 4.0 copy that I had before.

Soon I will be able to spend around $2000 on a comic. headbang.gif I am pretty impulsive and will sometimes buy a comic-taking a gamble to try and get a deal. But, I will not be doing this anymore, especially on ebay.

Anyways, I've been working on completing X-men 1-50-missing about 21 issues, but I have 2-9.

I think you should buy my extra X-Men ............... grin.gif