• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Get Hot Babes

94 posts in this topic

Yeah, you guys have it all figured out. Comic Collecting and being defiant about it is like a chick magnet.

To prove this theory, I want everyone to walk into a local meat market and yell out:

"I collect comics and I don't give a damn what you think about it!!"

And let's see how many babes you can carry home.

Sorry guys, but I'm LMAO at this stuff. They don't make commericials on the subject if there weren't any basis in truth, at least with the real hotties who can pick and choose who they see.

Yeah, and I know what they're saying. I've gone out with some gals who liked or even (gasp) read comics (usually Sandman, Hellblazer stuff) who were interestingly all from Montreal and Quebec City...

I just don't adhere to the notion that an upper-crust babe with a mindset that "comics are for kids" will react any differently to some guy she's dating collecting comics, no matter his attitude.

There's no quick fixes for rigid viewpoints like that, and you can either rage against the machine, or just play the game and have some fun. Putting my comics in the closet was a very small price to pay, let me tell you. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey, guys...thought you might like this story. Happened about a year ago.

My wife and I were at the gym one day and she was having a conversation with a couple new girls that had just started working out recently. They were making comments on the guys that were there at the time and one apparently had their eye on the guy reading comics while he was on the "stepper". That's when my wife told them, oh that's just my husband.

Boy was she embarrassed. We both had a chuckle when she told me about it. grin.gif

They were making comments on the guys that were there at the time and one apparently had their eye on the guy reading comics while he was on the "stepper".

You realize you left out the key bit of information? What comic were you reading? grin.gif

"I collect comics and I don't give a damn what you think about it!!"

First of all, if you walk into a meat market and yell ANYTHING about yourself, that's stupid enough as it is, and you won't do well anyway.

You're taking this to an extreme(and way too seriously). Like I said, I don't go out of my way to talk about it, or hide it. The fact is, while I enjoy comics, I'm not obssesive about it. Personally, it's my experience that the hobby itself is not what turns people off so much, it's the obssesive part of it that people don't like. Because to be obsessive about ANYTHING means that you either don't have much going on in your life, or that you neglect other things. And to be obssesive about fictional characters is even worse.

Sorry guys, but I'm LMAO at this stuff. They don't make commericials on the subject if there weren't any basis in truth, at least with the real hotties who can pick and choose who they see.

I laugh at it too, because it's just a stereotype. They make movies about Italian Gangsters, does that mean all Italians are gangsters? I never said there was NO basis of truth, because stereotypes do originate from somewhere. And what are "real hotties"? I've dated, and continue to date "real hotties". You're not the only guy here that's gotten a lot of dates.

Oh, and what does "classy" mean to you? A narrow-minded ditz who can't look past her own snobby pre-conceptions? That's not called classy, it's called

person_without_enough_empathyY.

>>Oh, and what does "classy" mean to you? A narrow-minded ditz who can't look past her own snobby pre-conceptions?

Nope, a rich, beautiful, buxom narrow-minded ditz who can't look past her own snobby pre-conceptions. grin.gif