• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #36
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Backstory here is that I think this is the first professional comic art of Al Milgrom. I only own 2 other Charlton books and this one looks like it has a myriad of what appear to be defects from cheap production methods. Not shown are a couple of interior pages that have typical black ink blots from the printing process. The big things here are what look like a lot of off binding/cutting issues. It looks to me like the jagged edge of the paper used for the interior pages was so miswrapped that it didn't come close to the cutter. At first when I look at the inside of the back cover, I thought it could have been trimmed (can't imagine someone putting in the effort on a book like this), but I'm pretty sure that b/c the cover is so miswrapped that the ad got sliced really close to the border. If nothing else, this is an interesting case of how many corners were cut (pun intended) at Charlton to keep costs down.

PXL_20230916_021548363.jpg

PXL_20230916_021601064.jpg

PXL_20230916_021607791.jpg

PXL_20230916_021721920.jpg

PXL_20230916_021730982.jpg

PXL_20230916_021738491.jpg

Sure is in pretty good shape....I'll say 6.5    but I'm pretty sure it would slab higher. I'm always to low ....I think....Listen I got a 36 on that last grading contest ...which was my first.....and you and Grendelbo were in the teens or something ....so you know who to listen 2.