• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hercules in the MCU...?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

It seems that a character like Hercules would need a huge introduction on a grand scale, when fully introduced into the MCU.    But honestly, given the Disney/MCU track record, I fear they will mess him up. 

Thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? 

hercules_2015_card_image_copy.jpg

So, you know they already "introduced" him, right?   Post credit scene of Thor Love and Thunder?  You say "fully" so I assume that's what you mean, but I doubt his next appearance, if he gets one, will be especially grand.  They were setting up some kind of "revenge" angle.  Which, they just did with Gorr.  

I would also say he's already kind of messed up by association considering they way they portrayed his father, Zeus, in that film.  Zeus as portrayed by Russell Crowe was just so bad.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:40 AM, Axelrod said:

So, you know they already "introduced" him, right?   Post credit scene of Thor Love and Thunder?  You say "fully" so I assume that's what you mean, but I doubt his next appearance, if he gets one, will be especially grand.  They were setting up some kind of "revenge" angle.  Which, they just did with Gorr.  

I would also say he's already kind of messed up by association considering they way they portrayed his father, Zeus, in that film.  Zeus as portrayed by Russell Crowe was just so bad.

Dollar Tree Hercules was quite the disappointment.

attachment-hercules-mcu-1.thumb.jpg.a782ea01a6dda16246eb90923c3a7ba4.jpg

But at least he has a costume already for Halloween.

:shiftyeyes:

On 9/23/2023 at 9:40 AM, Axelrod said:

I mentioned that when they "fully" introduce him..(similar to Hulk 181)   Hercules appearance was a brief cameo at the end credits of Thor Love and Thunder (similar to Hulk 180) :) 

On 9/23/2023 at 7:40 AM, Axelrod said:

everything about Love and Thunder was extremely bad.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:17 PM, Artboy99 said:

everything about Love and Thunder was extremely bad.

Yes agreed. It had a lot of potential, but they really hammed it up too much. The scenes jumped around too much.. silly stuff.     Although I did find the opening battle scene with Thor VS the aliens very funny

Edited by SuperBat5000

On 9/25/2023 at 12:45 PM, SuperBat5000 said:

Yes agreed. It had a lot of potential, but they really hammed it up too much. The scenes jumped around too much.. silly stuff.     Although I did find the opening battle scene with Thor VS the aliens very funny

I honestly didn't even like that.

The GoTG ask the guy they called Thor for help to fight the aliens and he proceeds to pluck Stormbreaker out of the planted pot it is in to shove it between his legs to fly to the battle, followed by the "Jean-Claude-Van Damme" pose against the 2 rocket speeder things, then the collapsing temple bit done for the "laugh", then the "ohh look at those" awful dialogue by the guy they called Thor upon receipt of the annoying goats as a reward for help. That gets you to about 15 minutes in to the film. :facepalm:

hemsworthsplits.jpg

On 9/25/2023 at 5:38 PM, Artboy99 said:

I honestly didn't even like that.

The GoTG ask the guy they called Thor for help to fight the aliens and he proceeds to pluck Stormbreaker out of the planted pot it is in to shove it between his legs to fly to the battle, followed by the "Jean-Claude-Van Damme" pose against the 2 rocket speeder things, then the collapsing temple bit done for the "laugh", then the "ohh look at those" awful dialogue by the guy they called Thor upon receipt of the annoying goats as a reward for help. That gets you to about 15 minutes in to the film. :facepalm:

hemsworthsplits.jpg

Yeah I stopped watching and turned it off at the "splits".