• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I miss something or get an incredible deal on an ASM 4?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I'm slowly collecting ASM starting from number 200 and working backwards as I had most of 1975-80 from my years of buying in the store.  Anyways, I peruse the interwebs for what I consider "deals" and have won a couple auctions that I thought were a good deal, but today I was perusing MCS for possible deals and came across what appeared to me to be a book that was under priced by a wide margin.  I only have gocollect to use as a price guide so my thought is maybe there's other data out there that says the book was priced correctly. 

I paid $1820 for an ASM 4 CGC 5.0.  Did I get a deal or did I miss something? 

Doesn't matter too much either way as I'm not gonna sell the book, but rather add it to my ASM collection so really just curious.

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=59613752

ASM.4.jpg

Edited by 2Sunny

Yeah I re-subscribed to GPAnalysis and then went back to gocollect.  Must be Old Timer's disease struck again because I don't know where I was looking but I thought I saw recent auction sales of $4450.  Obviously I was looking at something else.  Anyways, not disappointed as it is still the earliest ASM in my collection and as you point out still well off the peak.

EDIT:  Hah - I see what I did.  I fat fingered a selection of ASM 2 on gocollect from the bottom selections and it has a red top just like ASM 4.  What a goof.  I knew it had to be something like that, but figured the price couldn't be too far off since it was $1.4k less than the next 5.0 on MCS

Edited by 2Sunny