• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its 2:50am (NYC time) and I can't sleep....

22 posts in this topic

So, I pose this question.. Which Bronze Age Amazing Spiderman issues have the most promise to rise in value???

ASM 169-173 35-cent variants - cuz they're rare and the regular Spidey collectors are just starting to get wind of them.

Amazing Spiderman RAW comics still go really cheap especially for such a popular character. I guess there are alot available on the market so demand isn't all that high. Any issues that are in high grade will rise in value, I think all issues #220-260 are under valued in the market.

I don't think any ASMs have much room to grow right now. They've been on a real tear for years. You can get non slabbed books under guide with ease, and how high can high grade slabbed books really go? Would you rather have a 9.8 ASM #90 something? Or a GA Superman #10 in VG? Both are the same price right now- unjustifiably I think.

My gut and experience tells me that all non-HG, non-key books silver age and up have very limited upside. Any books after 1980 or so in any grade have little real long-term upside potential, as there are SO MANY that have been saved in HG, that I think it's a lost cause. That includes ASM 220-260. wink.gif

252, yeah that one is pretty obvious.

Dungeon - I've seen your posts through out the boards, what do you collect (besiders GI Joes)?

I want to get into the old horror books but havent yet. I collect oddball 80s black and white books too. Id like to get a complete NM set of Masters of the Universe.

I always felt that Amazing Spider-Man 194,195,204,205,226 and 227 have the potential because they're early Black Cat apperances and don't seem to pop up all that often in High Grades. It took me a few months of eBay dumpster diving just to get ahold of some decent NM copies. Once the Black Cat gets a writer who knows how to use her, say hello to the next Spider-Woman.

are you saying the time is ripe to get my marvel spotlight 32s out of storage? 10 years ago i used to buy every copy of that book i saw. they were worthless. one dealer commented after I fished a few out of his dollar bin: "why would you want multiple copies of THAT book?"

are you saying the time is ripe to get my marvel spotlight 32s out of storage? 10 years ago i used to buy every copy of that book i saw. they were worthless. one dealer commented after I fished a few out of his dollar bin: "why would you want multiple copies of THAT book?"

If you need to get rid of a NM copy, let me know. headbang.gif

Once the Black Cat gets a writer who knows how to use her, say hello to the next Spider-Woman.

And that's a good thing? confused-smiley-013.gif Isn't Spider-Woman fairly dormant as well?

Besides ASM 194 has already popped.

I feel ASM 194 has more room to pop in the future.

Spider-Woman early appearances are gaining some heat since she's become an interesting character in the New Avengers. I figured it was a good comparison as both are female characters that were semi-popular in the 70's and became dormant. Now that a decent writer has gotten a hold of Spider-Woman and breathed some life into the back issue market, it's only a matter of time till the same happens with the Black Cat. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Spider-Woman early appearances are gaining some heat since she's become an interesting character in the New Avengers. I figured it was a good comparison as both are female characters that were semi-popular in the 70's and became dormant. Now that a decent writer has gotten a hold of Spider-Woman and breathed some life into the back issue market, it's only a matter of time till the same happens with the Black Cat. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yeah I can agree with that logic. Black Cat is somewhat on the back burner in the Marvel stable, she is a pretty interesting character, I guess WHY NOT?

I would love for the Hobgoblin to have more of a major role. He was and is my favorite ASM villan, I guess since he came out when I was collecting as a kid.