• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Book
3 3

22 posts in this topic

Hi, I sent this book to a person who was supposed to press, send to CGC, and return to me. I have proof that the book was delivered to this person's house. I have a tracking number and text that it was received. When I asked where it was, I was told that it was never received. If anyone has seen or knows of the location of this book, I will offer a reward for its return. SIGNED BY DANIELS, MAYTHEW, BLAKE, MUNCKE & ROUBICEK 8/13/10 & HAMILL, FISHER, KURTZ, PETERSON, BERG & BULLOCH 8/14/10

Star Wars.jpg

Edited by Stein

On 9/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, Stein said:

Hi, I sent this book to a person who was supposed to press, send to CGC, and return to me. I have proof that the book was delivered to this person's house. I have a tracking number and text that it was received. When I asked where it was, I was told that it was never received. If anyone has seen or knows of the location of this book, I will offer a reward for its return. 

Star Wars.jpg

Jeez.  What part of the country?

On 9/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, Stein said:

Hi, I sent this book to a person who was supposed to press, send to CGC, and return to me.

Interesting.  You were willing to lose Signature Series certification for a chance at a higher numerical grade?  hm  Has CGC's policy changed yet again?

SS-CPR.thumb.png.f823be31fa3911271ea1b5aa2d911585.png

For those with old eyes like mine, Jennifer's April 2020 post reads (in part): "A book can only retain the Signature Series label if the slab is cracked out by an authorized CGC representative.  If the book leaves CGC's custody at any time before it can be regraded and slabbed then it will be disqualified for the signature series label."

This person was authorized by CGC as either a witness or facilitator to crack a book out and re-submit without losing the signature verification. Just like I had it cracked out to get more signatures on it. I was dumb enough to trust this person so I can understand why you'd think I was dumb enough to lose the signature verification. I don't know what to do. File a police report? If anyone has any knowledge of this book's whereabouts, please let me know.

I am a victim here and I'm looking for help from kind, helpful people. I trusted a witness/facilitator and I was victimized. Now I've lost a book very precious to me. 

Edited by Stein
add a line

On 9/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, Stein said:

This person was authorized by CGC as either a witness or facilitator to crack a book out and re-submit without losing the signature verification. Just like I had it cracked out to get more signatures on it. I was dumb enough to trust this person so I can understand why you'd think I was dumb enough to lose the signature verification. I don't know what to do. File a police report? If anyone has any knowledge of this book's whereabouts, please let me know.

I am a victim here and I'm looking for help from kind, helpful people. I trusted a witness/facilitator and I was victimized. Now I've lost a book very precious to me. 

I would definitely file a police report in whatever county/town this presser works out of.  Can't get insurance reimbursement unless you do.  You might mention to him/her that you are about to "out" him/her on this website and in the local news media if your book is not returned in 24 hours.  And then follow through if there's no response.  Play hardball.

I'm sorry your in this situation. I know how frustrating it can be.  Are you claiming the presser  stole it? Or you think it was stolen from his porch? 

Does the presser have a website? 

Also - are you 100% sure you can maintain the signature series? I understood only ccs could cracked a slab, press a book, and keep the signature series label, but I could be wrong. 

Stolen by the witness/facilitator who was supposed to crack it out and witness the pressing. I have a text that it was received and looks great. Then, two months later, this person claims never to have received it. I don't know if it was ever cracked out, this person has it, sold it, or something else.

On 9/30/2023 at 10:49 AM, Gaard said:

The tracking says it was delivered or the facilitator says it was delivered?

Any chance to make an insurance claim?

A valuable book... not to be taken lightly by CGC.

I will do that. I have to put in a police report. The comic is more valuable to me than the worth. It was my son’s and he’s really upset by this. He’s never dealt with a criminal before and he doesn’t understand. Maybe this is a good, but expensive, lesson. I have to try to make something good out of this. 

On 10/1/2023 at 7:36 AM, Stein said:

I will do that. I have to put in a police report. The comic is more valuable to me than the worth. It was my son’s and he’s really upset by this. He’s never dealt with a criminal before and he doesn’t understand. Maybe this is a good, but expensive, lesson. I have to try to make something good out of this. 

I'm sorry you and your son are in this situation. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.