• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Book
3 3

22 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2023 at 6:18 AM, Stein said:

Nothing. I was hoping someone saw it for sale somewhere or it was sent back to CGC for pressing and re-grading. I'll do a police report.

I'm so sorry this is missing. 

Since it's a one of a kind book you need to do a police report and get the word out everywhere you can.  Contact every major online dealer, every comic store near the presser, post of facebook, etc.  Make it almost impossible to fence this book.  Eventually it should reappear and you'll have a chance to recover it - a police report is very important to establish it's stolen and you owned it.

You said tracking shows it was delivered and the presser sent you a text that it was received.  We know delivery companies sometimes sign for customers but what does he say when you ask him about the text he sent?  Shouldn't his insurance, if he has insurance, cover this and shouldn't he cover this himself if he doesn't have insurance?  You need to press the presser for answers and you should make it clear you'll broadcast his name if he doesn't take responsibility.